Thursday, July 15, 2010

Saying Goodbye

I really am a lucky woman. I was raised by two incredible people, I have siblings and in-laws that I call my best friends, I have a very supportive and loyal husband, and I have three great kids. And I am surrounded by all these great people who bless and enrich my life on a daily and weekly basis. Unfortunately, I had two say goodbye to two of my best friends last night. It was the hardest thing I have had to do in a long, long time.

I have been dreading Aaron and Monica's moving day for months. I knew it would rock my world, and it did. No more stopping by their house on a whim, unannounced. No more yummy monthly cupcakes from Monica. No more weekly Sunday dinners with the whole family. No more play dates with Ben and Maggie. No more long talks with Aaron at his kitchen table.

But I am so proud of them. This move involves a lot of sacrifice and ambition for both of them, and don't think I could have done it. I have long-admired Aaron's love of learning. He is going to make a fine doctor. And I am going to hold Monica to her promise of returning to Utah one day. That will be a very, very happy day for me.


3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sad day, but well said. :(

rsheedy said...

This makes me sad. We really need a faster mode of travel so we can visit whenever we want, no matter where we live.

Princess said...

That sad :( It is always sad when someone you love moves away, it is like losing a piece of yourself. Love you