Thursday, July 15, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard

Brian works with a lady who, went on a vacation, went into a gift shop, and unintentionally found a gift for Ashlyn that she couldn't pass up:

When Ashlyn found it on the counter this morning, she was delighted!

As I opened the gift for her, I explained that it wasn't real dog food but just cookies and candy that looked like dog food. She was a little disappointed.

But still, the prospect of candy before breakfast got the better of her and lead her to try the "non-dog-food" dog food.

First, the dog bone, which she found to be quite tasty.

And then the dog food, which had a lot to live up to.

And how did it compare to the real thing? Well, in Ashlyn's exact words, "It tastes a little teeny tiny bit gross."

So, I tasted one. I thought it was pretty good. Tasted like cinnamon. But just one piece was enough for her.

And the saga continues...

10 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ha ha. Hilarious. And really great pictures. You definitely captured the moment.

rsheedy said...

So funny! Love Ashlyn's expressions.

Ashley Rae said...

LOL... I guess nothing compares to dog food...

Zachary said...

Wow...ok, I think I am all caught up on your blog now. I laughed quite a bit about Ashlyn's fish story...from naming it to killing the next one.

Your family is awesome!

Princess said...

I know what I am bringing for the next visit and it ain't gonna be no stinkin candy! We are talking the real deal........

Jamie said...

Love her!

The Carter Family: said...

Oh, that is too funny! Just make sure you always have some of the real stuff on hand, it would make for some good bribery!!

Erica said...

Man! I had some catching up to do! Great posts. I need to check your blog on a daily basis! So funny that she didn't like the treats. Cute expressions.

Monica Lifferth said...

Ha! That girl is a serious crack up. Are you planning on an icecream/dogfood blog anytime soon?

whitney said...

That's so hilarious! Like seriously laugh out loud funny!