Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Blessing

I am realizing more and more what a blessing it is to be a mother. There is nothing that I would rather be doing with my life right now. I have three beautiful children and I get to stay at home and raise them. I am one lucky and very blessed woman.

Speaking of blessings, we blessed our third born on the fourth of July. He was not yet three weeks old, but I wanted to bless him before Aaron and Monica moved to Missouri so Aaron could stand in the circle. Brian's sister Stacey was also in town that weekend, so everything worked out perfectly and we were able to have all of both our families there. I am just now realizing that I don't know when that will happen again. Why do people have to move away?

Brian gave Luke a beautiful blessing and everyone came to our home afterward for a luncheon. It is nice to now be in a home that can accommodate such a crowd. We had all-American food - BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, chips, watermelon, chocolate-chip cookies, and apple pie.

Luke was adorable, even though his blessing outfit was...weird? It's totally my fault. I procrastinated buying his outfit until the day before. The first two stores I went to had closed early for the holiday. The third store only had christening outfits with embroidered crosses. And so I hurried over to the distribution center fifteen minutes before closing and was forced to buy the only one available.

Do you see how big that collar is on his vest? It looks like he could fly away! Plus, the collar on the romper underneath made him look like a little priest. And even though I bought a 2XS, I had to fold under the sleeves because it was huge!

Brian didn't understand why he couldn't have just worn Trent's blessing outfit, but I really want each child to have their own special outfit for their special day. I really do love baby blessings. There is nothing like a fresh from heaven little baby all dressed in white. It is just precious.

It was a great afternoon and we very much appreciated the support and love of our families.

5 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Up, up and awwwwaaaayyy. No, just kidding. I thought his outfit was just fine. Brian did such a nice job on the blessing. It was a perfect day!

rsheedy said...

Oh I love the photo of those cute little feet! He is a sweetheart!

Lindsay said...

So sweet! Looks like you guys have been having a blast this summer! I agree with you though, why do people have to move away? No fun. But your three kids sure are cute!

Princess said...

It was a great weekend and I am so glad I got to be there for it all! I love and miss you guys so much!

Monica Lifferth said...

He was perfect. It was a beautiful blessing and a wonderful get together. He is such a sweet boy.