Monday, March 17, 2008

Breathing Easy

Warning: This blog contains graphic material. Viewer discretion is advised. Proceed with CAUTION!


This is a follow-up on Brian's nose surgery. One week ago, last Monday, we went to the doctor's office to get all the packing and stints taken out. According to Brian, this was the most painful part of the entire ordeal. But once all the stuff was out of his nose and the pressure was gone, he felt 10 times better than he had since the surgery. We were both pretty shocked at the size of the stints, no wonder he was in so much pain...

Bri's nose bled pretty bad for about 30 minutes. He was told that he could not blow his nose for one week. So, today was an exciting day for him! He was able to blow his nose, (I won't tell you about the things he told me that came out!) and he is now breathing clearly through both nostrils for the first time since he can remember. A modern day medical miracle. Pretty amazing! And you should hear him at night! He is such a quiet sleeper now. When I get up to feed Trent, I am totally amazed at how quietly and softly he is breathing.

So now, after all is said and done, Brian says the surgery was worth all the pain and discomfort. He has another follow-up appointment in two weeks at which time they will also do a series of allergy tests to further correct his breathing problems. YEAH for easy breathing!

8 comments:

Mark Nott said...

Do you think this weekend he'll tell us some scary stories about what came out of his nose?!

Princess said...

Gross! I am glad he can breathe better now though! I hope you have many QUIET, peace filled nights from now on!

Anonymous said...

So much for giving me a warning, I ignored it and am now grossed out. Ewwwww.
On the other hand, I'm glad he's feeling much better!

The Wright's said...

I can't imagine going one whole week without blowing my nose, let alone letting something that large sit in my nasal cavity. Amazing. I can't wait to hear Bri breathe this weekend! Can't wait for the weekend period! WAHOO! Glad he said it was worth it. I get teary-eyed thinking about the nose pain. Glad it was him and not me!

See you guys soon.

Zachary said...

I want to hear what came out of his nose!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Eeeeeekkkk! I can not believe how big those things are. Also, I'm not ever going to be able to look at a package of Stride gum without thinking of Brian's nose now.

Heather said...

WoW! What an ordeal! I need to get more info from you...I am trying to talk Shane into doing something to help with his SNORING!! We havent slept in the same bed for 7 years, I dont know how we keep getting these babies! ;)

Sandi said...

Told you Brian that it would be worth it in the end. It helped me soooo much when I had mine when I had mine mine.Like you said, not being able to blow your nose is the worst. Especially with the stent in your nose.