Sunday, July 8, 2012

Easter?

I know, I know, Easter was like three months ago....ugh.  I really need to get my blog caught up, I am just having a hard time finding time.  I debated whether I should just do one huge mega catch-up post, but have decided against it.  First, because it just seems too daunting, and second, because there are just too many things that need to be highlighted separately.  So, I am once again attempting to kick-off a week of catch-up and I figured I should start with Easter. That is just how behind I am.

I was recently talking to my aunt Merry Lynn about how fast children grow up and she asked if I kept a journal - I don't.  This blog is the only form of journaling I do for myself and my children and I am realizing how important it is for me to keep it updated.  Already I have forgotten about the detailed events of Easter.  It seems like such a distant hazy memory now.  Luckily I do have some photos to jog my memory a little. 

One thing I failed to do, which I feel horribly about, was to take a picture of Chase on his first Easter.  Bad mom moment.  In fact, I didn't take any pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes on Easter.  I guess I didn't really worry about it because we had gotten their pictures done the day before.  Ah, yes, those pictures.  The ones where Luke was being extremely uncooperative.  So unlike him.

 Looking back at these pictures makes my heart ache a little because, time really does go by way. too. fast.
  
Since I don't completely remember all the events of the day, I'll give you a very simple rundown.  Easter in a nutshell: baskets in the morning, church, dying eggs, yummy ham dinner, egg hunt, and carrot cake.  Sounds pretty traditional, eh?  I like traditional. I like it a lot. 

 

 
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love living in Utah. I was just talking to a gal in my ward today about how I have no desire to live anywhere else. I love being so close to my family. I love that my kids get to see their cousins on a weekly basis.  And I love that their cousins are their best friends.  It's awesome. 

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It's never too late to catch up on blogs! You are keeping a wonderful record for your family. It was a fun day!