Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Backing Up

Turns out I was farther behind than I first thought.  After going through some pics, I realized that I missed St. Patrick's Day and April Fools Day.  Oops.  Not huge holidays, but still, pictures were taken and a small post should be written.  St. Patrick's Day fell on a Saturday this year and so Brian was able to spend the day with us, which makes any day better.

A silly leprechaun visited during the night, sending the kids on a treasure hunt first thing in the morning.  The final treasure included rainbow licorice, a pot of chocolate gold, new shirts, and a box of Lucky Charms cereal (something I NEVER buy!). 

 
 
 
 
 
I was nine months pregnant at this point, so the rest of the day was pretty laid back.  I didn't want a St. Patrick's Day baby and was happy when the day passed without going into labor.  The only other fun thing we did that day was to have my parents over for our green dinner (spinach ravioli and broccoli), with pots of gold on the side (pineapple jello) and liquid gold to drink (lemonade). For dessert, we made green colored marshmallow pops.

Simple day, fun day.

For April Fools, I stole Mindy's idea from last year and made my kids a miniature sized lunch.  I called for them, saying that lunch was ready and when they saw their plates, they looked at me with complete confusion.  It was hard to keep a straight face, but Brian and I told them to, "eat up, this is all you get until dinner."  Well, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, right?  My little prank brought poor Trenters to tears, just thinking about how hungry he was going to be for the next five hours.  So, my one and only joke of the day ended rather quickly.

 
 
When we went to parents house later for dinner, my mom pulled the old jello-in-a-cup-to-look-like-juice trick on all the grandkids.  For dessert, Mindy brought minature donuts (cheerios with frosting and sprinkles). Those were quickly consumed and then we were treated to potted flowers. Yum!



April 1st also marked the day that Chase sported his first hair-do! Brian gave him a faux hawk and he looked smashing!


2 comments:

Princess said...

Oh my gosh that cracked me up! Poor sensitive Trenter's! Great idea though! Thanks for updating- I love to see what fun things you come up with!

Marilyn said...

Those leprechauns are much more creative and clever than they were when you were little! Fun ideas for both St. Patrick's Day and April Fools Day!