Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

 
On May 30th, Ashlyn graduated from kindergarten!  I'll be honest in saying that I wasn't so sure about her teacher at the beginning of the year.  She was a new teacher to the school and so I wasn't able to get any opinions about her from other parents.  She seemed a little disorganized (I think from just changing schools) and Ashlyn came home with one to many sack puppets.  But, I really came to appreciate her and I ended up being quite impressed with her teaching methods. She was very education driven and did so much to teach her students and advance them in reading and math.  I also loved that she did a graduation program.  It was so cute, complete with graduation hats made by the kids.  They sang songs, showed off their counting skills, and presented a special gift to their parents.  Ms. Gammon gave each student a personalized award - Ashlyn received the 'Best Singer' award.  Then she presented each student with a diploma, and we finished with refreshments.  I really hope my boys are lucky enough to get her for a teacher.  Thank you Ms. Gammon!  Now Ashlyn is ready to move on to 1st grade, where she will spend half of each day day learning Chinese! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Chinese??!! That is awesome! I can't believe she is that old! It was fun to see all your new posts and catch up with you guys! So cute.

Jamie said...

Love that girl!

Sandi said...

My first granddaughter and she is going to be in 1st grade! I can hardly believe it!! She is such a sweet child and I love her so much. Wish I had been there to see her graduate.

Marilyn said...

Such a cutie and very smart too! Can't believe she'll soon be in first grade and I won't. I want to hear what she does every single day! Love, Grandma

Princess said...

So cute! She is such a smart girl, I have no doubt that she will have Chinese picked up in no time!