Thursday, April 2, 2009

The End of an ERa

I had a good cry tonight - well, maybe not a "good cry", but I did shed a few tears. Why you ask? Because I watched the final episode of ER. The 2 hour series finale brought the show to a close after 15 seasons. You may think I am a little crazy for writing a post about this, I mean it's just a TV show, right? But for me it really marks the end of an era. I have been watching ER every Thursday night at 9:00 since I was in high school! I am not addicted to many shows. In fact, there are really only two shows I look forward to watching every week - ER and The Office. Other than that, I don't really care for TV much (except for the food network). But for 15 years Thursday nights have been TV nights for me. I used to get together with my girlfriends on Thursday nights to watch ER. And, when Brian and I were newlyweds, we would get a pizza every Thursday and sit ourselves in front of the tube for three hours. A lot of shows have come and gone on Thursday nights, but ER has always been there for me and now I just don't know what I am going to do with myself!

Okay, that was super cheesy. Life moves on, I'll get over it.

10 comments:

The Wright's said...

I haven't watched it for years, but I did watch it last night and got a little sad. I hear ya sister!

Lindsay said...

I am right there with ya - ER will be missed at my house too. Thursday nights are also definitely my TV nights for The Office, ER & Gray's Anatomy. Other than that, I'm not interested either! I hate when things are over - I have trouble saying goodbye no matter who/what is leaving! Thanks for posting that!

The Simmons Family said...

I am a Grey's Anatomy addict. Only Dr.'s aren't that HOT and the interns don't do any of the work. The NURSES do it all... so it's totally unrealistic. Maybe that's why I like it?!

Oh.. and they always talk about Organ Donation... tha't HUGE! Tune in to Grey's.

Ashley Rae said...

Haha- I actually don't think I've ever seen a full episode of ER. I'm sure they were amazing- but that's just one more show I'd be hooked to. I'm sorry your show is over, though :( It's fun to watch tv and escape from the mundane life.

Amy said...

Toby thinks NBC should offer trauma services to anyone who saw the woman in labor hemmorage. I did have to agree that I was happy I wasn't pregnant! He refused to finish watching it..ha ha ha. I still dont know if that poor woman lived or died

Princess said...

Lol at Amy's comment, that is totally when I stopped watching last night! I can watch someone get their head chopped off in a horror film, but that was horrendous! I feel your pain though, isn't funny when a show like that is more than just a show, and it actually marks so many memories of things like girlfriends and pizza's over the years! Not cheesy at all (no pun intended)!!

Mike and Meg said...

I used to love ER. I thought it wasn't as good when every one started leaving. I did watch the final episode and really enjoyed it. All the originals were on and made it pretty good. My favorite is the The Office too.

The Carter Family: said...

I think that I was into ER for one season, than I quit watching it-although I don't know why! Sad for you though-I guess you still have The Office (even though I don't understand all of it's hype!!!)

Lindsay said...

You should totally do Ashlyn & Trent's pictures - you would do awesome! I just got a big piece of black fabric and draped it over some furniture behind Weston and went from there! I swear a good picture includes the editing, and I really wish I had Photoshop to do so, but at least I have iPhoto on my computer that lets you do a little editing and enhancing. So that's fun too. But I think you would do a great job! It's way easier than trying to force a smile at a stupid studio where it's so hard for them to sit still anyway. I'd rather let Weston roam a bit at home and then try and catch a real smile! By the way, I'm so sorry I'm such a crappy visiting teacher! Let me know when you have a free night sometime soon and I'll come over and visit with or without my partner! It's been extremely difficult to coordinate our schedules but I know I need to do better. So just let me know when it works for you, and we'll/I'll be there! Thanks Jamie!

Monica Lifferth said...

*sniffles* I'm sad too.