Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Wheels

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for. May I present to you Brian's new wheels:

(Drum roll please...)












Now, you may be a little confused. If you are thinking to yourself, "That looks a lot like Jamie's car," then you are correct. For two weeks we researched, budgeted, and weighed our options. We viewed a wide range of vehicles, looking at everything from just another compact car to living out Brian's dream of a 1972 Chevy Blazer. In the end we decided to do the practical/inevitable thing. We passed the Elantra to Brian and got me this:

I am officially a minivan driver. And let me tell you, I LOVE it!! It is a great vehicle and we got a killer deal - which means that we did NOT buy from a dealer :o). Ashlyn loves it too. The day after we bought it, as I was driving her to preschool, she said, "This is the nicest car I ever met!"

In case any of you are feeling sorry for Brian because he got a hand-me-down, don't. Brian stated, and I quote, "This is a huge, huge upgrade for me." I laughed when he said it because, well, it's an Elantra. Someday, when we aren't restricted to practicalities, he will have his Blazer.

15 comments:

Princess said...

I agree with Belle, that IS the nicest van I have met too! It is kind of the inevitable purchase when you start having kids so I am glad you made it to that level, lol! Your "old" car is quite nice and QUITE the upgrade for Brian so I am sure he is happy! Everyone wins!

rsheedy said...

Lol, I love it! Kids come up with the best stuff. When I was trying to sell my Saturn, Braxton offered to take it from me and said I wouldn't even have to pay him! For some reason, he really liked that old thing. Glad you guys have another vehicle and that it warranted Ashlyn's approval. :)

The Lund Five said...

I like your new wheels!! I am looking forward to getting my own in about a month! Ashlyn sure comes up with some funny things. Very Cute!!

Melissa said...

I'm crazy about minivans, and I'm not kidding. Congratulations.

Heather said...

Hot Wheels! Brian is a good man. Now you need a few more kids to fill up the new car!

Ashley Rae said...

LOL... nicest one she's ever met? Classic. That is a nice car! We both have P.O.S. cars that we will probably drive until they die (luckily it hasn't happened, yet).

Good buy!

The Simmons Family said...

LOVE the van!! What a great sport Brian is. Carson also drives the hand me downs in our family. We have great men!!

Renee said...

Do you love all the room in the van?!? We're going to drive our cars until they die! Love Ashlyn's comment. Kids are so funny! :)

Growing up we had a 72 blazer...burgandy with a black top, it was rad! :) My parents sold it before I turned 16...bummer!

Monica Lifferth said...

I would feel so weird driving a minivan. You make minivans look good. Congrats on the new wheels.

Johansen Family said...

Congrats to you both! Sweet rides! I seriously LOVE mini vans...they are soooo convenient. What a cute mom to sport a cute new car!

Hello! said...

You only get a mini-van if you have many children to fill it... so is this you telling me that you're gonna make some more additions to that family soon?

Esther said...

congrats on the new wheels!

Amy said...

Welcome welcome to the world of minivans! it's even better than you thought it would be, right? pretty nice wheels...
Toby calls it my beemer. Not quite, but I completely love it! just wait for baby# 3...

The Wright's said...

LOL!! I totally agree. While it isn't my dream car, it is certainly practical! Awesome choice. Does that mean you have baby #3 on the way?

Gretch said...

Welcome to the official Mormon Mom Club! It is FABULOUS!!! I really hope you got the power doors? They are a MUST!