Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Peaceful...Isn't It!

"Peaceful...isn't it!" My Grandpa Lifferth coined this phrase. I heard him say it on several occasions. My dad said grandpa most often said this right before their Sunday evening meal. Sitting around the kitchen table with food right before their eyes, all the kids were anxious, hungry, and quiet (most unusual!). Well, I am babysitting Madi & Maya today and it has been a noisy day. But at this moment Madi, Ashlyn, and Trent are all asleep and I am holding sweet little Maya (and typing with one hand). And in this very rare quiet moment, I thought of my Grandpa and his words, "Peaceful...isn't it!" It takes a house full of kids to really appreciate times like these!

We did have a fun morning though. We played with play dough, danced, and made these cute, edible caterpillars. All you need is peanut butter, bananas, grapes, and chow mien noodles. They had fun making them, but were not to interested in eating the final product. Oh well, maybe next time.

P.S. Maya has fallen asleep!! Now it really is peaceful. Time for me to go check out some blogs:)

8 comments:

The Lund Five said...

Very cute! I have to know where you get all of your cute kid craft ideas. I would love to do things like this with Landon and Emma.

Princess said...

Isn't it funny when things people have said pop into your head at certain times? Enjoy your peace!

Heather said...

So nice! I love naptime :>) You do the cutest crafts, I need to steal some ideas!

Zachary said...

I remember Grandpa saying that! And that looks like some good snack food! I didn't know insects could be so delicious.

Monica Lifferth said...

I love your posts Jame. I think it is great that your family has so many remembered phrases. As my grandpa lives out the last days of his life, I'm trying to think of any phrases he said. All I can think of is, "Damn cows". I guess it is something. :)

rsheedy said...

You have the cutest ideas! You are so clever. And, you're a genius to keep the kids busy...I think it's the only way to stay sane. Unfortunately, it's also a lot of work, so I'm terrible at it.

Becca said...

Jamie you are supermom. We never get to crafts when I tend, sorry Ruth!

Nathan and Esther said...

Those caterpillars are a great idea, and they are so cute!