Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Wrap-Up

Wow, March is here! Hard to believe. There were a few things that I wanted to write about in February and just didn't get around to it, so here it goes...

Ashlyn and Trent tried their hand at finger painting. I knew it was going to be messy, so I made them paint shirtless. Twas messy, but worth it.

They had a ball and were so proud of their creations. Two little abstract artist in the making!

We also added two member to the Smiley clan: Batman Flash & Angel Princess.

These two lucky betas joined our family all because of our plans to visit the aquarium were thwarted. In an attempt to make it up to our kids and to ease our guilt, we let Ashlyn and Trent each pick out fish. They have loved their new responsibility of feeding their fish every afternoon.

We also learned in February that my Dad's tumor has not shrunk, but it hasn't grown either. I'm not going to lie, I was really hoping that it had shrunk and was disappointed to learn it hadn't. However, I am so grateful that it hasn't gotten any bigger. At least we know now that his chemo pills are working.

And since I have not yet shown a picture of baby Luke, we'll end on this note:


3 comments:

Princess said...

I can't believe how big Luke looks! The fnger painting looks great and at least they managed to keep it off their bodies! Hope you are feeling ok- Love you!

The Wright's said...

Love this post, minus the tumor part. And fish? You are one nice mother. Love the names too! ha!

Sandi said...

I have pondered having the Ashlyn and Trent finger paint over here off and on. Now it looks like I can without too big a mess. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's tumor not shrinking. You will all continue to be in our prayers. We love you.