Monday, March 12, 2012

Ashlyn Turns Six

My baby girl turned six years old yesterday. SIX?! Sheesh. Where did the time go? We celebrated her big day, one day early, on Saturday. Her family surrounded her for three hours of fun at Classic Fun Center. This kind of party was definitely not my norm, but I just didn't have it in me this year to do a big-themed party. I didn't have to worry about decorations, games, food, favors, or clean-up. And the kids had a blast. It was a win win.

As the birthday girl, Ashlyn was able to spin the big birthday wheel and get into a money-blowing capsule. In the capsule she had to try and catch as much fake money as possible in one minute, and then she could use that money to buy prizes.

On her actually birthday, Sunday, Ashlyn opened more presents and then we fixed her favorite breakfast - french toast, using Great Harvest cinnamon burst bread. That night we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Lifferth's house and had a steak dinner. Ashlyn has been asking us for at least the last six months to have a steak dinner for her birthday. She is our carnivore :o)

I am having a hard time accepting the fact that six years have passed since my baby girl was born. The time has gone too fast, but they have been wonderful years. Our lives wouldn't be the same without her. She is full of life, energy, and wit. She loves to laugh and she makes us laugh all the time. She is a wonderful sister to her two brothers. She is super smart and has completely impressed me with how much she has learned this year at school. She loves to do her nightly reading and homework. She is full of questions and keeps us on our toes. She is both sassy and sweet. She isn't a girly girl, but definitely has the emotions of a girl. She is affectionate and loves to cuddle. I love this girl and feel so blessed to call her mine.


5 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute, cute girl!

Princess said...

I kind believe how time has flown. She is one of the funniest kids I know, and no I am not biased ;) Sounds like a great day of fun, laughter, and puke, lol. Hope you are doing ok and keep me updated on your progress!

Lindsay said...

What a little sweetheart. I can't believe she's that old either! Crazy! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! And Luke - holy cow, what fun messes! That's a tricky age, huh?!! Ha ha!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I think you made a fine decision on Ashlyn's party and the kids LOVED it!! It is crazy that Ashlyn is 6. I remember packing up one child and meeting you at mom's house for the day when Ashlyn was just a baby--just you and me and our babies. Funny thing is, I think it took me just as long to get out of the house with one back then as it does with 4 now! Anyway, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, and my-oh-my how things have changed! Life was definitely slower 6 years ago.

I love Ashlyn. I feel blessed to be her aunt!!

The Wright's said...

Oh how I love this little girl!! She's definitely entertaining! Happy Birthday sweet girl!