Sunday, March 18, 2012

Due Date

Well, we made it. Here we are, officially 40 weeks/9 months pregnant. At my 39 week appointment, my doctor asked if I had taken a lot of pictures of myself since this was to be my last pregnancy. Truth is, no, not at all - just that one I posted, featuring only my belly, at 36 weeks. So, I figured I ought to take at least one full shot of me in all my glory.

Even though I've said that pregnancies are not my favorite thing, I have been a bit sad the last few weeks, knowing that I will never experience this again. And the truth is, if I didn't have to experience that first trimester, I would admittedly love being pregnant. I'm not saying it would be perfect. There are definite pros and cons, things I will miss and things I will not.

The things I will NOT miss about being pregnant:
  • That horrible first trimester.
  • Heartburn.
  • Not being able to bend over without making some sort of grunting noise.
  • Not being able to tie my shoes or clip my toenails without severe discomfort.
  • Not being able to get up and move quickly and easily.
  • Maternity clothes. When I got pregnant this time around, I vowed to not buy a single item of clothing. It seemed like such a waste of money to me, knowing that if I bought anything it wouldn't be used ever again, and so I haven't. I'm a bit tired of wearing the same things week after week. It has been nearly a year since I have purchased anything for myself and I am quite excited to shed these extra 30+ pounds and do a little shopping.
  • These extra 30+ pounds.
Things I will miss about being pregnant:
  • Feeling a baby move inside me - it is simply and utterly amazing.
  • Lying in bed at night and watching the movements of my stomach.
  • Placing my hands on my belly and trying to trace the outline of my baby, wondering if the hard bump that I am feeling is a knee, elbow, hand, or foot.
  • Just knowing that I am creating a life and growing a person.
  • The anticipation and excitement of knowing that I will soon hold a fresh from heaven infant in my arms.
At my appointment last Monday I was dilated to a 4+ and 80% effaced. I have had a lot of strong contractions throughout the week and so I am anxious to see how much progress I have made. I am taking my overnight bag with me to my appointment tomorrow, just in case we run into the same scenario that we did with Trent - which was, that I was dilated to a 7 and the doctor told me I couldn't go home and needed to walk right on over to labor and delivery.

We shall see. I'll keep you posted :o)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Yahoo! I'm so excited for you...wish I was there!

Lindsay said...

How awesome! You look amazing - and I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck with everything!

Princess said...

Apparently it was just like last time :) Congrats and love you!

Ashley Rae said...

Oooh! Baby is almost here! And you look marvelous.

Lol to the grunting noise when bending over. It's so true.

Good luck and congrats!

Heather said...

Yay! I cant wait to hear how Chase made his entrance into our world! You look so great, you're a pro at this whole pregnancy/mom thing! xox

Mary said...

Congratulations once again! You do it all so well Jamie! You will be so busy in the next year you wont even think about being pregnant again. Love to all of you and smooches to Chase!