Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkins Pumkins Everywhere

I tried something new this year to celebrate fall, aka, my favorite season. Every day I did something that involved pumpkins. I feel like my kids had a boring summer due to my first trimester woes. I pretty much laid on the couch for the entire months of July and August and wasn't a fun mom at all. This gave me a chance to celebrate fall and have some fun with my kids as well.

My pumpkin themed month wasn't something that I had planned on doing. But, on October 1st I made pumpkin muffins and the next day I made pumpkin pancakes and I thought to myself, 'Hmmm, I wonder if I can keep this up all month.' I am proud to say that only two days were missed, due to my trip to Montana (Brian did follow through 2 out of the 4 days). I also did two repeats right at the beginning of the month, because I had a couple of busy days and well, that's just how life goes sometimes. So, here's how our month went:

1st - pumpkin muffins
2nd - pumpkin pancakes
3rd - pumpkin patch

4th - pumpkin corn muffins
5th - pumpkin pie
6th - pumpkin marshmallow pops

7th - pumpkin corn muffins (repeat)
8th - pumpkin pancakes (repeat)
9th - played pumpkin games
10th - read pumpkin themed books
11th - pumpkin steamers from starbucks
12th - planted pumpkin seeds

13th - pumpkin tarts

14th - pumpkin foam craft
15th - pumpkin ice cream
16th - paper jack-o-lanterns
17th - pumpkin cookies
18th - pumpkin empanadas
19th - watched 'The Great Pumpkin'
20th - sang pumpkin songs
21st - watched 'Spookly The Square Pumpkin'
22nd - pumpkin butter
23rd - pumpkin dessert
24th - pumpkin chocolate chip donuts
25th - pumpkin shaped sugar cookies

26th - a pumpkin story
27th - none
28th - pumpkin chocolate cookies
29th - none
30th - carved pumpkins
31st - pumpkin shaped sandwiches

It was a lot of fun, my kids loved it, and I can honestly say that I didn't get tired of pumpkins. I think we will make it a tradition and repeat this next year.

6 comments:

The Wright's said...

Awesome mom award! Yet again! Love the idea!

Mary said...

What great ideas! Way to go jamie. Lots of smiles all around.

Lindsay said...

What a great idea! Love it! Looks like a blast. And Trent's party - holy moly, looks awesome! You are amazing. I'm also so glad that your dad did okay with his first treatment, I hope it stays alright...you're all in our prayers!

Princess said...

I love kids in their pajamas and want them to come live with me :) Maybe I am ready for a kid.... lol

Princess said...

Oh and I adore anything pumpkin so this would have been a month in heaven for me!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I am impressed. When I resolve to do this time of thing, I usually only make it to the middle of the month before I get burned out and quit. Cute ideas!