Sunday, June 26, 2011

Snail Huntin'

Brian has a new favorite past time. I think it's disgusting. So does Trent. Ashlyn, on the other hand, thinks it's funner than a night at the circus. Okay, so I haven't actually given her the option of going to the circus, but I think it's a safe assumption. After all, this is the same girl who prefers dog food to ice cream.

The first night yielded 20 snails, the second 58, and the third 32. That's a total of 110 snails! Gross! Ashlyn couldn't keep her hands off em'...sometimes I have to wonder if she really is mine.

I actually do think it's great that she doesn't get all freaked out (like I do) when it comes to worms, spiders and snails, oh my! And better still, it has been great bonding time for these two.

Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

So nasty! Eeeeww! But, Madi would love that too. Strange, I don't know where she got it.

rsheedy said...

What do they do with them?? I didn't even know there were snails in Utah! I see them here all the time, and sometimes I will even rescue them if I think they might get stepped on. But I will only touch the shell...no way would I get near the slimy part! Yuck.

Princess said...

I don't get too freaked out over bugs or spiders either, but snails are just gross. I think it was probably stepping on 1 too many barefoot-uggghhh! An easier way to get rid of those is to set up a perimeter of containers that contain beer and they will crawl right in! Just keep the dog and kids away lol