Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Havin' A Ball!

Luke's was surrounded by his biggest fans last Friday when we celebrated his 1st birthday with a Ball Party!

It was a pretty casual night, just a good ol' fashion BBQ with a lot of balls.

Since it was Luke's party, I wanted the party to be centered on him and didn't want activities that wouldn't involve him. So, I had the kids take turns in seeing who could make Luke smile or laugh. If they succeeded, they earned a treat.

We also had a guessing game for the adults.

You see that baggie I'm holding? Well, that is a collection of stuff that I have taken out of Luke's mouth. Here is a better look...

Yep. My baby has a serious problem. He puts anything he can get his tiny hands on into his mouth. Everything from q-tips, earplugs, and toilet paper to crayons, fairy shoes, and bouncy balls. The guess to this guessing game was, how long did it take me to gather this collection? Days, weeks, months???

It was, in fact, exactly one month. I started collecting on May 15th and ended on his birthday. Uncle Jake was the winner with a guess of 27 days. He was awarded with a box of Junior Caramels.

We ate dinner and opened presents...

and then it was CAKE TIME!

Luke completely destroyed and devoured his cake. He loved every minute of it. But, when he was done, he sure let us know!

After a bath, clean jammies, and a bottle, he went right to bed. Everyone else enjoyed their own cake and ice cream, visiting, and for some, a little time on the trampoline.

Each kid took home a ball (because I really don't need or want 15 10-inch balls in my home), and a bag of candy balls - the adults were also welcome to partake of the candy bar.

We sent everyone home on a sugar high. I guess the night was a success!

4 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Super cute party for a super cute boy! And he did awesome on his cake! One of the best yet!

Lindsay said...

Definitely looks successful! How fun! I'm sure Luke was in heaven! What a cutie.

Heather said...

You are the BEST party planner. Seriously. You should start a business.

Princess said...

Dang, he really downed that cake! Ha Ha Ha Looks like another great party! As always, wish I could have been there :)