Thursday, June 9, 2011

Luke's First Haircut

Why must one single haircut instantly age a child? So sad. My baby suddenly grew up after I gave him his very first haircut. This was him earlier in the day, just chillin' on the stairs -

Brian has been bugging for weeks, no, I mean months to cut his hair, but I wanted to wait until after his first birthday. And I would have, except that Trent was in need of a cut as well and if you are going to do one, you might as well do two.

Luke before, with no clue what was about to happen.

I was prepared for the worst because Trent HATES haircuts. He cries and whines and moves and well, if I wasn't so cheap I'd take him somewhere to get it cut so I wouldn't have to deal with the stress and trauma of it all. So, how did Luke handle his first haircut?...

Like a champ! In fact, he handled it so well, that Trent promised he would be brave like Luke and not cry during his haircut. And he stayed true to that promise. It was great! And now I have a very grown-up looking baby.

And while I do think it is sad that he seems so much older now, I also think he looks pretty darn cute!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Holy moly - he does look older! What a cutie! And way to go Luke to show Mr Trent how to be big - love that!

Lindsay said...

SO cute! That first one is so emotional - it's nuts! He looks so dang handsome though. Weston HATES haircuts. We do it in the tub and doing it myself while I've been pregnant has been quite the challenge!

Monica Lifferth said...

He looks like a little man! Adorable!

Princess said...

I LOVE it! So cute! He gets bigger everytime I see a new pic!

rsheedy said...

Oh he is such a cutie!! And what a double-bonus that he helped Trent to handle it so well, too. Definitely a keeper! :)

Ashley Rae said...

What a doll! And it's a good thing he likes haircuts so much. Haha. He looks so darling :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Love the new 'do'. Of course, he would look cute no matter what you did with his hair.