Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BBQ Season

Don't you just love Utah springs? One week you are watching a blizzard out your kitchen window and the next week you are BBQing up some delicious shishkabobs for an outdoor family dinner!

We had a great Memorial weekend complete with not one, but two BBQs and a family gathering in the mountains. We had the Hills over for a BBQ on Saturday. Spending time with the Hills guarantees a good time with lots of laughs. On Sunday we celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday with another BBQ. The food was amazing and a good time was had by all. So good in fact, that we sat around the fire pit and talked until midnight!

Yesterday we began our summer Lifferth FHEs at my aunt and uncles cabin by Sundance. It is such a peaceful setting and a great way for our large family to all be together. This tradition began years ago (maybe 10?) and generally runs from June to September on the first Monday of the month. I feel truly blessed to be apart of such a close and loving family and I love these gatherings.

We ended our weekend last night by cuddling up together on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn and a movie. Remember when I longed for that day? Pure bliss.

Hopefully we won't experience any more blizzards this year, at least until November! Let's keep the BBQs going!

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Your Dad is an amazing man...I hope he had a good birthday.

And I wish I had been at the FHE. Hopefully I will be at the next one!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Hey, we also We ended our weekend with a big bowl of caramel popcorn and a movie! It was the perfect ending to a great weekend!