Monday, May 31, 2010

Countdown!

I am officially just two weeks away from my due date! It is hard to believe that we are so close to becoming a family of five. Life has been so hectic lately, that time really has flown by and all of a sudden I am 38 weeks along! And I feel it. I feel old.

People say to get as much sleep in as possible before the baby comes - I wish! For some strange/cruel reason, the majority of my braxton hicks happen at night. Compound that with the fact that I have had a cold for the past couple weeks, and sleep is just not happening. I can't wait for the day when I will be able to sleep comfortably, even if it is in three hour intervals. Every morning I wake up and my back and hips just ache. I have to hobble out of bed to the bathroom (first things first) and then hobble around for about five minutes until my body adjusts back to normal - what is normal when you are 8 1/2 months pregnant?

Okay, enough complaining. I really am so excited to meet this little one. Is it a boy or a girl? I still have no idea, even though everyone else around me seems to have an opinion. Even strangers that I talk to seem to know it's a boy or a girl. But, I can't wait to find out! There is absolutely nothing that can compare to giving birth and to holding a new born baby. What a joy!

Ashlyn and Trent are getting more excited as the days go by as well. Trent asks me several times a day (as he is pulling my shirt up) if he can "pet the baby" and Ashlyn is constantly hugging my belly. These two are going to be the best big sister and brother a newborn could ask for!

We have finally gotten out some needed and essential baby items. The car seat is out and ready, the bassinet is set up, and all the gender-neutral baby clothes, blankets, and burp cloths are out of their boxes and are currently being washed. I still need to buy a few things and pack our bags, but progress has been made. And in just two short weeks (hopefully not more!) I will be posting pics of our addition!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how exciting! Can't wait to meet your new little angel! And you look AMAZING! I wish looked like you when I was pregnant!

Zachary said...

Good luck! This really is exciting. I am appreciating more and more how rare it is to have the gender be a surprise this late in the game. Woo Hoo!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh, look at your cute pregnant belly!!! I love it. And how exciting for you guys... yay!! Can't wait to see pics of the new little one. :)

Hello! said...

That was so funny when Trent tried to pull up your shirt the other day and pet the baby. ha ha ha ha

rsheedy said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to find out either. And see photos. Yay!

Monica Lifferth said...

Can't wait to hold my new little niece/nephew. My vote is for a boy only to even things out a bit. I guess we'll see! Love ya!

Heather said...

Youy look so great! I cant wait to meet this lucky little angel! Your baby has picked the BEST family! You are an amazing mom! Maybe you'll share your birthday?! xoxo

Sephalo said...

I say its a girl & this one HOPEFULLY will like me... if not you'll have to have another :)

Stacy said...

Jamie, you look so good! I have definitely surpassed you in size. Good luck with everything, and hopefully our little ones can meet soon!!

The Wright's said...

You look darling - so well put together. Hang in there! Soon you get dinner from me! (SOOO worth the nine month waiting period!!)