Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Birthday Baby

Today is my official due date, but no baby. I am just happy I didn't have the baby yesterday, my birthday. I had numerous people tell me, "Maybe you'll have the baby on your birthday!" - as if that would have been a good thing. No thank you! Besides the fact that I already share my birthday with my adorable niece Madison, who would really want to be in extreme pain and in the hospital on their birthday? Not me. So, we made it through the 12th of June without adding another birthday to the family and now I am welcoming any sign of full, active labor. But knowing my history, I am not expecting anything today, or even tomorrow. Trent was a week late and so I fully expect to go past my due date. But, hopefully I have this kid before the 23rd, since that is my adorable nephew Payson's birthday. June is a busy month!

4 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

I sure hope you have that baby soon! Past due date doesn't sound too fabulous to me! Good luck when that full blown, active labor starts! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lindsay said...

Oh man, I'm dying to see the newest cute member of the Smiley family!!! Good luck and hang in there...no fun to go past your due date. Sorry! Good luck with everything!

Monica Lifferth said...

Yes! June is busy! I go broke in June and September! Can't wait to meet my new little buddy. Love ya!

The Simmons Family said...

Ah.. I can't wait to see the new little babe. HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday! I'll be 31 on the 23rd... it's a pretty good day to be born. I'm just sayin'.

Happy Laboring!