Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Week Pics, One Week Late

My little Luke is two weeks old today, but theses pics were taken a week ago. It is amazing how much joy this little guy has brought into our home in just 14 days. He is very much a part of the Smiley family and I couldn't imagine life without him in it. A mother's love knows no bounds and with each new addition to our family my heart has grown beyond what I thought possible. I feel truly blessed to have three adorable and healthy little ones to call my own.

Luke has proved to be a very good baby so far and has only made me wake up twice one night - all the other nights I have only had to get up for one feeding! How awesome is that?! He usually sleeps for a 5 hour stretch and then a 3-4 hour stretch. What a good little boy.

If he looks a little yellow in the pictures, it's because he is. He is my "yellow fellow" - he has breast-milk jaundice, which the pediatrician said should wear off by 4 weeks. I still think he is beautiful even with a yellow hue, but I still can't decide who he looks like. My mom claims that he looks like me as a baby. All I know is that I love this little guy so very, very much.

2 comments:

Erica said...

What a cutie!!!

Crazy Lifferths said...

What a cutie! I can't figure out who he looks more like...but either my eyes are off or the computer is, or something, but I didn't think that he looked yellow. I thought Trent had more of a yellow hue in their comparison pictures. Either way...you and Bri sure do make adorable babies! Wish we were still in UT so I could hold that handsome little boy!