Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back By Popular Demand!

Okay. Not really. There has been no popular demand, no demand at all in fact. But, it has been almost an entire month since I last blogged, an entire month since I looked at any blogs, an entire month since I felt I had a moment of free time in which I could devote my attention to the blogging world.

I actually got on my google reader about three weeks ago and found that I had 71 new posts to view! Well, that scared me so bad that I just turned off my computer and didn't look back - until now. And I have to tell you, I actually enjoyed my vacation away from my computer. Alright, alright, so I didn't completely avoid my computer. I did get on occasionally to check my email, balance my check book, look up a recipe, etc. But, I did not blog. And, no, I have not gone private...yet. We'll get to that later.

For now, I just figured I'd let anyone who's interested to know that I am alive and well. Not only that, but I am happy. Life is good. Christmas was wonderful. School started again. And now we are getting back into a rountine. And so, I will be finding more time to blog - but where to begin? There is so much to say, so much has happened in a month. So, stick around. I'll do my best to catch you up to happenings of the Smiley household. And I will do my best to catch up with all of you, but I'm not making any promises. I just checked my reader again, it's up to 98! And that doesn't even count all you private folks. Oh boy! Maybe I should go back into hiding.

12 comments:

rsheedy said...

I'm pretty sure there is some demand going on. At least I've been wondering where you were! :)

Heather said...

Nice to hear from you. I too, have beebn wondering about you!

Ashley Rae said...

Welcome back!! ...good luck catching up on everything. Can't wait to hear what you've been up to, you busy woman!

Monica Lifferth said...

Glad you're back Jame. I love reading your blog!

Princess said...

I have wondered everyday where you are! As for your reader, I must say I got a little green with envy, seeing as my reader only has updates from people I don't know so either people I love are not updating, or I need more friends! I regress though, I can't wait to read all your updates!

whitney said...

Yay! yay! for joining us here in blogland.

As for catching up, I know what you mean. It was definitely a daunting task for me post-holidays.

The Wright's said...

I understand - totally. I have nearly given up blogging. I don't think I am prepared to dedicate the necessary time. Life overwhelms me sometimes, why add to it??

Welcome back! ;-)

Gretch said...

Yay! Welcome back! I hear ya Sista on the whole catching up thing. It kills me to know that I have yet to blog about my labor and delivery-that was 4 months ago!!!! I'm not sure if I'll ever catch up. Oh well. Glad you're back!

ROSENFAM said...

If you want to feel better...I had 224 updates waiting for me on my google reader - that tells you how long since I checked!! Not to mention all the private blogs

Zachary said...

I think we all took a hiatus from the blogging world. And yes...you are popular. You have many adoring fans that are happy to know that things are going well for you and your family!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Awwww.....you're back.

Nathan and Esther said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are still alive! I'm glad you had a good vacation, though!