Thursday, January 29, 2009

ABC & 123

Ashlyn started preschool earlier this month. I really wasn't planning on her starting so early - she is still two! But, Mindy called me one day last fall and said that a lady in her neighborhood was starting up a preschool. She has an early childhood development degree and had done a preschool before. It is just two days a week for two hours each day, so we decided to give it a go. Plus, it works out so that Ashlyn goes to preschool while I go to school - BONUS! Needless to say, I am so glad I put her in, because she LOVES it!! She looks forward to it each week, and she loves to tell me what they did each day when I pick her up. It is so fun to see how much she is learning, but it is also hard to believe she is so grown-up!

Madi and Ashlyn on the first day! I was a little worried about them being in a class together (Ashlyn + Madi = trouble!), but they have done really well together - at least that is what the teacher says :)

On the first day of school, each child was given a blank paper doll to take home and decorate to look like themself. As you can see, Ashlyn was more interested in decorating herself than the doll - what a clown! I guess she has a couple years to learn to take her homework seriously ;)

10 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

That is so cute! I think preschool is SUCH a good idea for kids. They learn new stuff AND they get the interaction with other kids and a teacher. I'm glad she has fun. She's so cute.

Zachary said...

Take homework seriously? Man...that so would have been helpful through high school!

rsheedy said...

Oh, she and Madi are so cute! Love that last pic; what a fun personality. :)

Becca said...

It's always great to have a class with your cousin! Preschool is a great thing. Fun Fun.

Monica Lifferth said...

Wow. I'm loving all these posts from you. It's good to see you blogging regularly again, because I love your blog.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I was a little worried about them being in the same class too, but it's worked out quite well. They love it!

Princess said...

Dude, did she turn into a little girl in the month since I have see her? Seriously, she looks soooo grown up! Oh sad but so cute at the same time! Miss you guys!

The Wright's said...

She really looks so grown up! I'm glad she enjoys it. It's good for them.

whitney said...

yay! for preschool. That's great that it's during school time and even better that it's w/a best friend/cousin. Ezra goes to preschool two days a week for two hours each and he LOVES it.

Gretch said...

How fun! Ashlyn is getting so big!