Sunday, May 11, 2008

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

Brian COMPLETELY surprised me for Mother's Day this year. First of all, he really is no good at keeping secrets. If he is up to something, I know about it. Secondly, his gifts, well they don't usually involve much pre-planning. So you see I was pretty blown away when Brian presented me with a letter this morning stating that I am going on a little weekend getaway! He is sending me to Arizona to spend four days/three nights with my girlfriend Jamie! And he took care of everything! He talked with Jamie, set up my flight, and cleared my schedule. Sorry to Mindy and Monica for having to find other sitters. Sorry to Sandy and Emily for canceling our dinner on Friday night. And sorry to the Smiley fam for missing dinner on Saturday. But I'm not too sorry cause I am headed to sunny AZ and I am thrilled!! I love you Bri! Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, you are the best!

Also, as if Ashlyn dog food craze weren't bad enough, she has now taken to drinking from Cooper's water bowl. I think I am just going to give in and buy her her own water and food bowls and set them outside next to Cooper's. I mean if she wants to eat and drink like a dog this badly, then why not let her? It'll save me some money!

20 comments:

The Lund Five said...

Have fun in Arizona! Sounds like you will have a great time! Happy Mother's day!

The Carter Family: said...

That is AWESOME!!! How fun!! And I am still laughing at Ashlyn drinking from the dog's dish. Sarah's little girl was the same way-but they didn't even have a dog! Now that they have a dog I think she has grown out of it, but since you have one, I don't know a solution for you!!

Erica said...

Wow...lucky gal! What a great surprise. Have fun and enjoy the HOT sun! And the pic of Ashlyn is hilarious!

rsheedy said...

That's awesome! What a sweet hubby. And your daughter cracks me up...she's a cutie. :)

Amber said...

That is so cool! Have fun in AZ!

Gretch said...

That is SOOO cool! What a great gift Brian, way to go! I hope you have a FABULOUS time! Ashlyn is too funny!

Heather said...

YaY! I am SOOOOO jealous! I wish I could come with you! What a nice husband! When are you leaving?? I am impressed that Jamie was able to keep the secret on Sat! It was so good to see you, and Trent. He is so CUTE!

And Ashlyn, what a crack up! I cant believe this whole dog food deal! She is hilarious!!

Becca said...

What a great gift. I think I will have Jed read this post. Ha Ha. Anyways Ashlyn is too funny. It makes ya wonder if you put a dog dish out for her if she would choose hers or the dogs?

Crazy Lifferths said...

AWESOME! I LOVE surprises! Way to go Bri...you really pulled through for your wifey. Have fun!

Sandi said...

Who will be watching Ashlyn and

t-bone while you are going? Also Brian and kids will be ready for coming if they would like it.
Ashyln cracks me up regarding the dog water bowl. What a romantic you are
brian.

Zachary said...

Way to go Brian! That is impressive.

And Ashlyn is one of the funniest little girls ever. I love her!

Enjoy AZ!!

Melissa said...

Ashlyn is the best. I've been telling lots of people about this dog-food thing. Just gets better and better.

Jamie said...

Woo-hoo! I can' wait to see you & baby on Friday. We are going to have so much fun.

PS - Ashlyn is the funniest girl I know, love her!

The Simmons Family said...

What a sweet hubby!! Be prepared for some sizzlin hot temps. Maybe I can drop in and say hi. I'd love to see you and Jamie.... I only live like 10 min away from her. I'll negociate with Owen and maybe he'll just get us out of this hospital so that he can make friends with Trent.

Ashlyn cracks me up!!!!

Nathan and Esther said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift! Way to go Brian! Have fun in sunny arizona!!

Hello! said...

Ashbelle cracks me up! She is so dang funny.

Have fun in Arizona and don't melt out there!!!

Johansen Family said...

It was so good to see you on Saturday, thanks for sharing your Mother's Day weekend. I am so excited you are going to AZ! Have fun and take lots of pictures. Thanks again, your the best!

Mary said...

How can something so pretty be so gross!!!! I think she is "Buddy" reincarnated.

Jamie you have a jewel of a family! Brian gets lots of points for that one. I would say "hope you have a great weekend" but how could you not!

Happy Mothers Day everyday.

Ashley Rae said...

That is so nice of Brian!! What a sweet hubby. He needs to call Justin and teach him a thing or two ;)

Oh man, Ashlyn cracks me up. Holy cow. She is such a hilarious little girl...

Momma Mimi said...

I LOVE IT!