Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Six Month Comparison

So, I took a week long break from blogging and when I checked my Google Reader this morning it said I had 47 new posts to look at! Holy Cow people! It is going to take awhile to catch up. I still need to post about my fabulous vacation to Arizona, but first I wanted to write about Trent's six month appointment yesterday. He had five shots and the oral rotavirus vaccine. Here are his stats:

Weight - 19.1 lbs.!!!! (69%)
Length - 26 1/2 inches (42%)
Head - 17.25 inches (43%)

These were Ashlyn's stats at six months:

Weight - 15.6 lbs. (40%)
Length - 26 inches (55%)
Head - 17.4 inches (92%)

So, they really are pretty similar in height and head size, but their percentiles are different because gender measures differently. Now, their weight is a completely different story! Trent is four pounds heavier than Ashlyn was, and my arms can tell the difference! That boy is hard to hold for long periods. Here are some facts about my little "big" guy:
  • Loves to grab his feet
  • Rolls from his stomach to back
  • Rolled from back to stomach for first time last night!
  • Grabs anything within reach
  • Chews on anything he grabs
  • Loves to eat - which explains the 19 lbs.
  • Eats fruits and veggies
  • Loves Gerber sweet potato puffs
  • Can sit up without help for short periods and is getting better every day
  • Hates it when mom leaves his sight
  • Loves to be held
  • Can be a pretty serious guy - not easily amused, but...
  • Mom can always get a smile out of him!

13 comments:

The Lund Five said...

Trent is sure a cute little "big" guy. I love those pictures of him. Boys always seem to grow faster than boys. Landon was ready to be turned in his car seat at 11 months. We waited until he was a year. Emma and Reagan were both later. Emma at 15 months and Reagan at 18 months.

rsheedy said...

He is adorable! Love the smile. What a cutie.

Melissa said...

Thank you for posting this as a comparison. Usually, I have no point of reference for processing baby growth statistics. What a lovable little chubkins.

Gretch said...

WOW! Trent is SOOOOOO Cute!! What a little heart breaker. I love his cheeks! I can't wait to hear all about your fun trip.

The Simmons Family said...

Trent is adorable!!! He's only 2 mo older than Owen and a whopping 8lbs bigger!! It's crazy how similar Trent and Ashlyn look at the same age.

Ashley Rae said...

Your children are absolutely beautiful! I want to eat them both. Hehe. Just kidding. But they're so cute. I love that Ashlynn's head was in the 92%. It doesn't look big at all in those 6-mo. pics. But maybe it's because she's so smart- she knows something about dog food that we don't.

How was your Jamie^2 (squared) trip??

Princess said...

That is crazy! They look so different now, but so much the same at that age! I am telling you, I love you but those kids could be my only reason for staying in Utah, it breaks my heart! I hope you had fun and can't wait to hear about your trip! Love you!

Nathan and Esther said...

Oh he is such a sweatheart! He really will be a little heartbreaker!

Erica said...

What a cute lil' boy. I can't wait to have one. :o)

Becca said...

He has such a cute smile. Too bad your vacations over.

Monica Lifferth said...

I love those first pics of trent and ashbelle. He is such a doll. We love little trent buddy!

whitney said...

How cute is he?! What a big boy he is! I love that you posted both the stats for your kids, that's such a good idea.

Austin and Maren said...

Jamie, Trent is so freakin' cute!!! I can't get over how cute his smile is. Just looking at his smile makes me smile! I can't imagine it in person. Sounds like AZ was great. It is great keeping in touch since good old SLL is out of the picture. PS... what kind of retard gets fired from there...oh wait, that's me!!!!