Sunday, May 25, 2008

Vacation Recap....Finally!

My Mother's Day vacation to sunny Arizona was perfect - just what the doctor ordered. It was a fun-filled girly weekend. If you know my best friend Jamie, then you know that she is a busy-body, just like me. So, get us together and it is go, go, go. This is a good thing, because there is none of, "So...what do you want to do?" There is never a dull moment. We shopped, played, ate yummy food, cooked, crafted, shopped some more, ate some more, watched chick-flicks, shopped some more, and did some good ol' scrapbooking. I was having so much fun, that I even neglected my camera! I am usually a camera diva, but when I came home and Brian looked through my pics, he said, "That's all you took?!"

After arriving on Friday, we went to Jamie's place of employment, Scrapbooks Etc. This place is HUGE! So much to look at and so little time, so much to buy and so little money! I don't know why, but Arizona's scrapbook stores are so much better than Utah's. So sad. Then went to lunch at Oregano's - YUM-O! It was sooo good. After filling our bellies, it was on to a store called Ribbons & Lace - bad news. I had to use some serious restraint. I spent about $25, and I could have spent hundreds! I am not kidding. I will have to do an entire post about all the cute bows I make with my loot. After a couple more stops, it was on to Jamie's house for the night. Jamie made yummy Hawiian Haystacks for dinner. It was so great having a home cooked meal that I didn't have to prepare! Then I introduced Jamie to her new love, marshmallow pops. I discovered these delightful treats a couple weeks ago and have been obsessed with them since, and I just had to share this great find with Jamie. They are a really fun treat to make with kids. Seriously, try them and you will be hooked. Except for all you crazies who don't like marshmallows. We topped off the day by watching P.S. I love You.

Saturday morning Jamie made crepes for breakfast, Yum-O again! Then we made a quick stop to Bahama Bucks before heading to Karlee's dance recital. She did a great job despite having her hair bow fall out mid-performance.

After the recital, we went to another yummy restaurant called Cravings. The bad part about going to these great restaurants is that they don't exist in Utah, so I am out of luck next time I want a corn tamale with spinach & cheese sauce. Bummer! After lunch we did some more shopping at the outdoor San Tan mall. After spending all I could and then some, we met Jamie's husband, Aaron, for dinner before heading home. In case you are wondering why I am just now mentioning Aaron, it is because he worked all weekend. I don't think he cared too much that he missed out on all the girly happenings;)

Sunday we had to get to church bright and early - 8:00 a.m. my friends! The rest of the day was spent hanging out at Jamie's cute house. Did I mention yet about how cute her house is? Seriously, this girl knows how to decorate and I took notes! We made more marshmallow pops, I made Karlee a cute hair bow, we watched 27 Dresses, and Jamie's brother's came out for dinner. We had pork enchiladas, a recipe invented by Jamie and her mom, and it was a winner! I will definitely be making them for Brian. We did one other thing on Sunday which I can not mention, yet. Be patient and you will know soon!

Monday morning we went out to breakfast which, once again, was yummy! I am sure I gained a couple pounds in those four short days. But, who counts calories on vacations? I sure don't. We went to a couple more stores before heading to the airport. Oh, and we made one final trip to Bahama Bucks. Man I love that place! If you are wondering what Bahama Bucks is, it is the king of the snow cone, and there is nothing like it in Utah.

There was a down-side to my vacation (aside from the 106 degree weather) and that was being away from Ashlyn. I missed her like crazy! But at least she was in good hands with her daddy. Brian really enjoyed his daddy-daughter bonding time with her, even though he had his hands full. At one point during my trip, Brian called me and said, "I don't know how you do it!" I think this was the highlight of my entire weekend!! Brian took Ashlyn fishing on Saturday, they caught one fish and Ashlyn was so excited to tell me all about it.

Here are a few more pics of my weekend:

Trent didn't miss Ashlyn like I did because he had Addi to give him lots of kisses!

Trent and I sported our Uof U wear just for Aaron, who happens to be an avid fan of that other team!

Thanks again Brian for my awesome vacation! And thanks Jamie for the fun weekend, I wish I could come down more often!

Side note:
We sent Ashlyn's dog food video into AFV. We'll see what happens!

11 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time!! Don't you just love ribbons & lace??? Kamryn won't wear bows anymore.. she's too cool... so I am now in withdrawl.

Next time your down here, my life will hopefully be a little simpler and we can get together. San Tan Mall is literally in my back yard! I spent the entire weekend at work or at the hospital so it wouldn't have worked out to see you.

Glad you had a fabulous weekend and way to go Bri for taking Ashlyn fishing!! Kamryn and Carson have had many camping/fishing trips together... I love it!!

Mark Nott said...

Your post made me hungry... very hungry. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make some Marshmallow Puffs so I can die happy!

rsheedy said...

I'm with Mark...all this talk about good food is making my mouth water. Sounds like you had a great time though; that's awesome!

The Lund Five said...

It sounds like you had a very fun time on your trip. All that food talk was making me hungry and it looked good. Good luck with the dog food video!! It is sure funny in my book.

The Carter Family: said...

That sounds like a GREAT vacation! Spending the WHOLE time doing girly things-how FUN!!! And thanks for the new recipe, we will definitely be trying it out soon! I also want the pork enchilada recipe too, so when you make them (if it is okay w/ your friend) then please post that recipe too!!!

Princess said...

Trent of course looks so happy and thrilled, Lol! I am so glad you had fun and it was much needed for you! There is nothing better than time with girlfriends! I also want those recipes! There is no way that video will not make it at least onto the show!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Man oh man-I want a girl weekend. I am so jealous! It sounds like you girls had a blast. Next time take me...PLEASE!
P.S. Happy 6 months to Trent. I LOVE his face, it is the cutest.

Becca said...

What a blast that would be! It makes me want to go on vacation, or at least get a really good snowcone.
P.S. It looks like Brian knows how to do Ashlyn's hair!

Heather said...

Looks like a blast! Wish I could have joined you...maybe next time? I hope we see Ashlyn on AFV soon...that is my girls (and Shane's) FAV show!

Jamie said...

It was so much fun!!! We for sure know how to have a ggod time. U R the best, thanks 4 visiting us. Can't wait until next time.

Ashley Rae said...

*sigh*... girl weekends are the best. It looks like you had SO much fun! I love the marshmallow puffs- I'll need to try them, for sure.

That's so nice you were able to go. I think maybe 2-3 times a year would be great. Too bad we almost get heart-attacks when we're away from our kids for too long...