Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Stuck!!

"Mommy, help! I'm stuck!"
This is always an interesting phrase to hear, you never know what you're gonna get. It seems like I have been hearing these words a lot lately as Ashlyn seems to be more adventurous and getting herself into more predicaments. This is how I found her today after I heard her desperate cries for help...

Looks slightly uncomfortable. Exactly how did she manage to sit herself backwards in her highchair? This girl cracks me up every single day - multiple times every day.

Earlier today we were out doing some shopping and Ashlyn noticed a lady wearing a hippie-style ankle-length floral dress. "I love you dress!" Ashlyn proclaimed. Made that lady's day.

On Saturday, Ashlyn was outside "helping" her dad with some yard work. Brian was taking sticks and breaking them into smaller pieces to fit in the garbage can and as he broke one, it came back and poked him in the leg. "Ouch!" "What happened?" "I just poked myself with a stick." To which Ashlyn very wisely responded, "Oh, you've got to be so careful Daddy!"

My girl has quite the little personality.

14 comments:

Princess said...

Oh man, that's great! I got stuck like that yesterday! She is so great, I love the stories! I am coming to see you tomorrow!

rsheedy said...

What great stories...I love it! She is such a cutie.

All About M.E.('s) said...

When she told the lady that she loved her dress, it made my day too. I'm still laughing about that one!

The Lund Five said...

Ashlyn has a very cute and funny personality. I love to hear stories about her, and those stories made my day!

Gretch said...

How cute! It is so fun to hear what kids say. It really is entertaining.

The Simmons Family said...

Oh... to be two again! Two is one of my favorite ages... LOVED it with Kamryn. Kids will say ANYTHING!! I love that she climbed in her high chair backwards... how does one do that? So sweet to tell the lady she loved her dress. What a fun personality Ashlyn has!

Monica Lifferth said...

What a hoot! She is great!

Amber said...

Dang how did she get into that position? How funny.

Becca said...

Ashlyn is too funny. It's interesting to watch how perceptive girls are compared to boys. At least that's the case with my kids. Just like Ashlyn noticing that lady's dress.....so cute.

Johansen Family said...

What a character! I can't wait to go to storytime with Abbie. You told me once about a company you can print your blog from, what is the name of the co.?

Zachary said...

Can I tell you how excited I get every day when I read your blog and I see a picture of Ashlyn? Seriously one of the most entertaining children to read about. Thank you for sharing...she is hilarious!

aaronlifferth said...

Its amazing that you had time to get your camera, even though Ashlyn was in such distress. I am sure she was delighted to hear you say, "hold on let me get my camera." I like it.

Melissa said...

I remember being petrified as a young child when I got a roll of masking tape stuck on my ankle. I love seeing kids get stuck--as long as the situation's easily remedied.

The Carter Family: said...

That was pretty funny! I liked Aaron's comment-but I'm sure she had to hold still, she didn't have anywhere to go while you got your camera!!