Friday, April 11, 2008

5 Months

I am babysitting Madison and Maya today, and right now all four kids are asleep. This really does not happen very often and there are a million other things that I should be doing. In fact, I had decided earlier that if I was able to get them all to nap at the same time, I would fold a couple loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, and do the dishes. But as soon as the opportunity arose for me to accomplish my said list, I instead turned on the computer to tune into the wonderful world of blogging-to feed my addiction. *Sigh* Hopefully there will still be time when I am done here to at least check off one thing on my list of to-dos.

Anyway, I wanted to blog today because my little boy is now 5 months old. CRAZY! Seriously, it's nuts. I was really good about writing things down during Ashlyn's first year. I recorded all her major and minor events. Unfortunately, I have not done the same for Trent. So, I thought I should at least blog today about what he is doing at 5 months. Here it goes:

  • He smiles all the time - big, full, open-mouthed grins. He also has this little half smile that just melts my heart every time.
  • He doesn't cry often, just when he is hungry or tired.
  • He is becoming quite the momma's boy - okay by me!
  • He absolutely loves attention. (Surprise right? What kid doesn't love the spotlight?)
  • He has had his first taste of rice cereal, although I have not yet been consistent at giving it to him.
  • He is still holding those laughs. Although, a couple of days ago Ashlyn got him to laugh and it was the cutest thing. He loves his big sister.
  • He is growing too fast. I have already had to pack away a full box of clothes.
  • He has decided on his own that he doesn't like a binki. Which is a good and bad thing. Good because we won't have to deal with the trauma of taking it away in a year. And bad because it really does come in handy at times, like in the middle of sacrament meeting and at 3:00 a.m.
  • He still has not rolled over.
  • And he still has not slept through the night. I was not blessed with good sleepers.
  • Trent is all around just very good natured and a happy kid. He brings so much joy to us.
Here are some recent pics of my little guy...

16 comments:

Hello! said...

Trent's "Homie-G" pic cracks me up!

Monica Lifferth said...

Yay! I sure love rolie polie trent buddy.

rsheedy said...

He is such a cutie! What a sweetheart. By the way, you need to upload your photos so I can make your book! :)

The Lund Five said...

Such a cutie. I really love the picture with the bandana on his head. I can't believe he is 5 months old. They grow up so fast!

Crazy Lifferths said...

5 months already?! WOW! He is seriously SOOOOOO cute! I see a lot of you in him. If you come down here to Jump On It, you BETTER let me come with you...haha!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I agree his little half smile is a heartwarmer. There is something about Trent-he is just so loveable. He just seems like such a sweet little guy. YOu just can't help but love him.

Sandi said...

I think he is of course the cutest boy. It would be nice to see him.I think he looks like Pat Smiley. Thanks for posting the pics. Love ya.

Heather said...

What a sweet guy! Thanks for the update!

Princess said...

Oh I just love that little guy! I like the picture in the Bumbo, he looks like he is a little man in a recliner! So sweet!

Becca said...

What a cutie. I can't believe he hasn't slept through the night yet...has he been hanging out with Sarah's kids? Poor you!

Mary said...

He is so adorable! Five months went awfully fast. You just can't help but smile when you see that face!!!

Love you all.

Erica said...

I still can't wait to meet him. He's adorable!

The Simmons Family said...

The first picture of Trent stole my heart!! He looks just like his momma with that sweet half smile. Good luck trying to discipline that one!

Andrea

Amber said...

I love the red bandana picture, too cute!

Zachary said...

Has it been 5 months already? Good thing you paid him off...doesn't the hospital reposess around the 6 month mark?

Gretch said...

Ha HA! I laugh because I always have the running list of things that need to get done but my attention always seems to pull me into the blogging world. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I can't believe that Trent is already 5 months old! Those pictures are adorable! What a cutie!