Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Girl

A - Affectionate. Ashlyn gives the best hugs and kisses. All you have to do is ask for a big hug and she will throw her arms around your neck and give a big squeeze. And if you ask for a kiss, she will pucker up and give you a big wet one! However, the past couple of days when I have asked for a hug or a kiss, she has said, "No, no hugs." Then I say, "Please, can I have hug?", and she will oblige. I guess she is trying to teach me a few manners!

S - Sunshine. Ashlyn is my sunshine. She is such a happy little girl and makes me so happy. When I quit my job in June, I wondered how I would adjust to being a stay at home mom. But Ashlyn is such a joy to be with! I love spending my days with her.

H - Helpful. Ashlyn loves to help me when I am cleaning. She will hold onto the vacuum, which seriously slows me down, but I love that she is trying to help. She also dusts and mops the floor along side me. Hopefully this will continue as she gets older!

L - Loves to Learn. Ashlyn amazes me. She is so smart and she is constantly learning something new. She loves to learn new songs. Most recently she has been learning shapes and colors. And, she has caught on so fast! My favorite is when she points to the color orange and says, 'oranges'. She is just too cute, and smart to boot!

Y - "YES!" Ashlyn is very agreeable. Her new word is yes. I am sure that she does not understand everything that I tell her. But, whenever I explain something to her and say 'is that okay?' or 'do you understand?' she says, "Yes!"

N - NEVER a dull moment. Ashlyn is a crack-up! There is never a dull moment when she is around. She is constantly making me laugh. From the time she was born, her Grandpa Lifferth has commented on her sense of humor. And it is so true! She has such a funny personality.

I love my little girl. I am so blessed to have her in my life.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

all of it is true. She just loves those around.One day Michael and I stopped by and as we were leaving she hollered from the kitchen, BYE, GRANDPA! She is always making us laugh. Just the thought of her brings big smiles to our hearts and faces.

Princess said...

I agree, she is so precious! Everytime I see her or a picture of her it makes my heart ache and puts a smile on my face! I love her so much!

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

I love the picture!! Where is the other baby??!! No sign yet, huh??!!

Nathan and Esther said...

What a cutie! I know her sibling (whenever he/she decides to get here) will be just as cute!

Monica Lifferth said...

We love Ashlyn! She is such a fun little girl and we are so happy her and Maggs are close in age. Although they don't adore each other now, hopefully someday they will be good friends. She is such a hoot.

Gretch said...

Ashlyn sounds like such a sweet, adorable, & funny, girl! That picture is priceless! What a great daughter you have. I wish we lived closer so I my girls could have a great friend! Hope you're doing well! :)

Smiley Family said...

Oh Gretch, I too would love it if you guys lived closer! We could have play dates all the time!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ashlyn definitely has personality plus! She has such a cute personality and sense of humor. We love her!

Hello! said...

That hair rocks!

Mary said...

That is so precious. What a funny little monkey. Ashlyn most definitely has the best of both of your genes. Jamie I love it that you are a full time Mom and are in the here and now to fully experience this great little personality. Can't wait to see the next little Smiley.

The Carter Family: said...

Ashlyn seems super cute, both from the pictures you post and all the tidbits we learn about her! It is fun getting to know her better since we don't get to see your family very much!

Jamie said...

We love Ashlyn too! Karlee talks about her from time to time. I love how she answers stuff and Karlee thinks she totally understands. Can't wait to see you all!!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Madison made a prediction last night that the baby would be born tonight at 7:00 and it is a boy!

Princess said...

I think Madi may be right! It is 6:00 and things are lookin good!