Sunday, August 19, 2012

Family Fun Week - Day 6

Agenda for our last day: IHOP, Bridal Veil Falls, bowling, Bees game.

Our sixth and final day of our staycation began at IHOP for a ridiculously, overly-priced breakfast.  $45.00 to feed five faces.   $45.00!! Plus, it wasn't even that good.  It's no wonder we never go out for breakfast.  This was the one activity that I felt we wasted our money on.  But still, the kids ate pancakes and bacon and were happy, and that is all that matters - at least for this week!


Since swapping out our broken down, crappy, 2004 minivan with the Eyre's much newer, much nicer, souped-up minivan, the kids have been spoiled with movies in the car.  I think they are quite happy with the new arrangement.  Too bad it's not permanent. Unless I can talk Mindy into an official swap...probably not going to happen.
Our next adventure was Bridal Veil Falls.  We pass by these falls several times a year and rarely stop.  They certainly look a lot more grand when you get up close than they do driving by at 60 mph.  We played in the water, threw rocks, jumped across rocks, and just plain enjoyed the fresh air and mountain setting.  I love our mountains and never tire of their beauty.  I only wish I took the time to enjoy them more often.











So, we were suppose to go bowling next, but that didn't happen.  After having so much fun all week, there were things that needed to get done and errands that needed to be ran.  After getting some much needed "to-dos" done, our time had run short.  This was the only activity that we had planned for our week of fun that didn't happen, but I didn't want us to have to rush through a game of bowling.  We promised the kids that we will take them soon.  Plan B - a pizza dinner at the park.
Our final destination for the week was the Bees game.  They lost 9-8, but I don't think my kids even noticed.  I tried to explain the game (as best I know) to Trent, since he wants to play t-ball next spring.  At one point when the batter had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit, Trent burst into laughter.  "Did you see that guy freak out?!  He just freaked out!"  He couldn't stop laughing about it - I love it when that happens.  There is nothing better than genuine kid laughter. 









As luck would have it, our Family Fun Week ended with a bang - and lots of 'em! A fireworks show was a pretty perfect ending to our week. 

I was sad to see our week come to an end.  But, we had such a fun week together and it was so much fun taking advantage of so many attractions right around us.  This is definitely something I would recommend to others and something that we will definitely repeat in the future.

Favorite part of day 6?
Ashlyn - "Taking a picture with the bee."
Trent - "Fireworks."
Luke - "Bee!"

5 comments:

Jamie said...

So much fun! I am exhausted just reading it. Way to be a super mom. And great documenting!!!

Princess said...

Who is the little kid that photo bombed your family photo? ha ha Such a fun-filled week and it made me exhausted too! You are totally a super-mom and dad! Love you guys!

Princess said...

Oh, and that picture of Ashlyn on the rock is sooo beautiful! I love it so much

Marilyn said...

What a fun ending to a super week! Great memories for your family. It's also very amazing that you recorded the week. I'm soooo impressed!

Sandi said...

Jamie, I have so enjoyed reading about and seeing all the beautiful pictures from your "Staycation!" My grandchildren are so precious and beautiful and what fun all of you had. Next time, maybe we can go with you. That would be great fun for me! Love, hugs and kisses to all of you.