Friday, August 17, 2012

Family Fun Week - Day 5

Today's agenda: Donuts, Wheeler Farm, Spaghetti Factory, and Discovery Gateway.

We got a bit of a late start today.  I think we may be starting to wear ourselves out!  We decided a little sugar-rush was in order, so our first stop of the day was Beyond Glaze.  I love these donuts.  If I didn't have any self-control I'd go there all the time.  But, I save these delightful treats for special occasions.  This week has been pretty 'special' - definitely donut worthy ;o)




Next up, Wheeler Farm.  I have such great memories of this place from when I was a kid.  It's fun taking my kids to a place that I visited as a child.  I didn't know if they would be very excited to go here, since we did just visit Thanksgiving Point Farm on Monday.  But, no need to worry, they had a great time.  I think you get a more real sense of an actual farm here, verses Thanksgiving Point.  Plus, it's free! 
Ashlyn came here at the end kindergarten on a field trip, so she appointed herself as the tour guide.  She led the way and pointed out all the attractions.  It was pretty cute.



One of the best things about this week has been the bonding that I have seen with my children.  The fighting has been very minimal.







 After leaving Wheeler Farm, we stopped at Trolley Square for a late lunch/early dinner at Spaghetti Factory - a family favorite. 
Our final destination for the day was the Discovery Gateway museum.  It's probably been three years since I last visited. It is such a great place for kids.  Luke had a 'ball'.  It was seriously hard to pry him away from this area.

  

Ashlyn was in heaven when she discovered the large plastic horse and spent nearly 30 minutes on it before I told her she had to get off and let other kids have a turn.  Trent loved the rock climbing wall and was so proud of himself for making it to the top. 



The kids put on a play about a dinosaur who made friends with a horse.  The horse was later eaten by the hungry dinosaur and his family. HA!




I have had such a fabulous week with my family.  I hate to see it come to an end.  Tomorrow is the last day of our family fun week and then its back to reality.  Bummer.  And then Ashlyn starts 1st grade on the 28th and will be gone from home for seven hours a day.  Major bummer!

Favorite part of day 5?
Ashlyn - "My very, very favorite thing about today was riding the horse at the museum."
Trent - "Climbing the mountain!"
Luke - "Balls!"

1 comment:

Princess said...

I love these pictures so much! What a fun filled day and I am totally jealous of the donuts!