Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A LOT Like Christmas

Christmas is in the air. I've been so wrapped up in school, birthday planning and other projects that it just didn't feel like the holiday season yet. But, it hit me in the face yesterday big time, and I love it. Brian got into the season yesterday as well and decided to hang up Christmas lights. Ashlyn wanted to go out and watch, and I complied. I went out 45 minutes later to see the progress and this is what I found:

Yep, that's Ashlyn up on the roof with Brian. Take a closer look:

Scared me to death! But Brian reassured me that she was safe and hadn't/wouldn't move an inch unless he told her to. At one point she quite seriously asked Brian how she would get down if he fell off the roof. And then a half hour later, they were both back on the ground safe and sound.

And then this morning we woke up to this:

Yes, Christmas is definitely in the air. The downside to all that snow was what it did to our beautifully colorful trees:

Bummer.

6 comments:

Gretch said...

Wowzers! You've been a blogging! Loved all the posts-makes me want to maybe finally catch up on my blog.

Love all the fall pictures. Great tradition of going up Sundance. Amazing Cars party! You should go into business. Your kids are absolutely ADORABLE! Is Luke really that old? Loved it all. Hope you're good. Miss you!! Love you!!

Lindsay said...

Our trees did the same thing! Crazy snow downpour!!! I love all your fall leaf pictures - gorgeous colors! And I bet Ashlyn had a BLAST up there on the rooftop! Haha!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I agree, the leaves were beautiful in the valley this year. And the trees on the side of your house are still beautiful!
Ashlyn is brave. Brian is too. And so are you. She does looks pretty cute and happy sitting up there on the roof.

Ashley Rae said...

I LOVE those trees. So colorful. And um yeah, that was a freaking TON of snow the other day, right? I was amazed. Good job with the christmas lights, Ashlyn! LOL...

Monica Lifferth said...

Oh Brian. What a nut! I'd be freakin'!

Zachary said...

That is awesome that Ashlyn got to help out!