Wednesday, November 17, 2010

5 Months

Luke is five months old now. And he is even more adorable than he was at four months.

He has completed one milestone - he rolled over for the first time on Sunday night, and has done it a couple times since then.

He would probably do it more if he spent more time on the floor....anyway, just look at that smile. It makes my heart happy.

He has also upgraded his diet to include rice cereal, which consequently means stinkier diapers. Dang it.

Ashlyn got to feed him his very first cereal, which was quite exciting for her and something that she took quite seriously.

She even instinctively opened her mouth, because we all know that helps. I actually think it is humanly impossible to feed a baby without opening your own mouth.

And after she had fed him the entire bowl, she grabbed the washcloth and cleaned his face. What a good helper.

Luke is really starting to babble, which is cute, although it usually sounds like he is chewing you out. He also continues to gain weight - which is killing my arms - despite the fact that I swear he spits up more than he eats.

Overall I think Luke is a very happy baby, but he does have fair share of "unhappy" times. There are times when even I can't console him and I have yet to decide why. I sometimes think it's gas and sometimes think it's acid reflux. Maybe it's both. But we'll keep him; gas, acid and all.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a sweetheart, he is just so adorable! I love that Ashlyn fed him his first rice cereal! SOOO cute! Such a great helper.

Zachary said...

5 months? Seriously? Where does the time fly?

Monica Lifferth said...

Oh what a sweet boy. That smile is the best!

Jamie said...

For sure he is one stinkin' cute boy!

Princess said...

I love his big smile! I just can't believe how big he is getting and I cannot WAIT to hold him and smoosh his face with kisses!