Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One-Liners

The latest and greatest quotes from Ashlyn Belle:

"Kisses make me dizzy"

"Yes your majesty" - said to me after I had repeatedly called for her and had finally resorted to yelling.

"You're choking my belly" - said while holding her up to the sink to wash her hands.

Ashlyn, said very enthusiastically: "Mom! I saw a real frog in my room!"
Me: "Oh my heck! You did?"
Ashlyn, said very casually: "Well...maybe I didn't."

"My decisions are always conditional"

Said at Christmastime -
Ashlyn: "Sometimes when everything seems hopeless, do you know what is right?"
Me: "What?"
Ashlyn: "I get to meet Santa's reindeer"

"I really, really, really love...Grandma" - said to Grandpa.

Ashlyn: "Do you know why I like to lie so much?"
Me: Huh. "Why's that?"
Ashlyn: "Because it is so fun!"

And then about a month later: "Uncle Marty and Jesus don't like lying"

Me: "What were you thinking?!" - said after she had just made a colossal mess.
Ashlyn: "Something really awesome!"

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I like the casual frog denial. This kid is the best.

rsheedy said...

Oh my goodness, what a hoot!!! These are ALL classic. I may have to adopt a few of them! I'm glad you're capturing these for future reference...I wish I had written down more of the cute things my nieces and nephews said.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I really like that my husband is right up there with Jesus. And, I totally agree with her on decisions being conditional, mine are too. Man, she's funny!!!

Jamie said...

I {totally} ♥ her!

Lindsay said...

She honestly said, "my decisions are always conditional"? Holy cow, she is hilarious! What a character! She is too funny!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Ha ha! She is hilarious! She makes me laugh! What about the Valentine's one??!!

Ashley Rae said...

LOLOL... wow. That's great she is put Marty up there with Jesus. He should feel flattered.

She is seriously one hilarious kid. And smart. You are going to have your hands full, with that one. Haha!

Princess said...

I think I could listen to tape recorder of her saying all of those things all day every day. She is so intelligent and funny! Love that kid so much!

Zachary said...

I don't know which is my favorite...the one about her decisions always being conditional...or that she was thinking something "really awesome".

That one could make a good t-shirt!

The Simmons Family said...

I love that you are keeping record of those... classic.

Monica Lifferth said...

Love that girl. I really need to keep track of the things Maggers says. Today Aaron overheard her tell Ben, "I have to kiss my stuffed animals very soft or they make a screaming sound like a raccoon". Weird.

Johansen Family said...

That girl is hysterical.....lover her!

whitney said...

Love them all! Really, just friggin' hilarious!

Erica said...

That is so cute!!! Love it!