Tuesday, January 8, 2008

GROW

Brian's sisters have inspired me to have a New Years word, instead of resolutions. This means I will not be making a bunch of goals I will not keep, or will only last for a couple months. I will instead focus on a single word and incorporate it into my daily life. I really like this idea. It seems more attainable. Even though my word will involve so many aspects of my life, one word is simpler to me than a half dozen resolutions.

My word is GROW:
1.to increase by natural development, as any living organism or part by assimilation of nutriment; increase in size or substance.

I want to grow spiritually, mentally, emotionally,...but not physically. I would prefer shrinking in that area. I really want 2008 to be a year of growth for me. Believe me, there is plenty of room. I want to be a better me.

11 comments:

Princess said...

That is a great word! Knowing you, you will have no problem growing in all of those areas. I think your awesome! Oh,and spare me! You look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Your are so great as you are, your an excellent mother, wife, friend. I look up to you in so many ways....

I love you!

Brian

Hello! said...

Hey Brian, anytime you want to post a nice comment on my blog feel free to do so...

I think I'm going to have to jump on this bandwagon and choose a word too. That's a nifty idea.

Jamie said...

You rock! That is a great word, I have been pondering one for me.

Zachary said...

You realize that the word "Grow" will spoll over into your children's lives...and they are going to GROW up so fast. Ok..that was mean of me...don't cry. I'm sorry.

Sephalo said...

Great word Jamie! I like it!

Monica Lifferth said...

Good word Jamie. We all have room for that. Thanks for the insiration.

The Carter Family: said...

That is a great idea-one word instead of a list full of resolutions. The word you picked is perfect and is very motivating. Good luck!

Sandi said...

This is a great idea. My word is positive. This is an opportunity to create a happy place.

Nathan and Esther said...

What a neat idea Jamie! You will do great!

Gretch said...

I think that is a great idea to have a word as your focus for 2008. I really like GROW too. Good Luck, I know you'll do great.