Friday, January 11, 2008

Book Club

I have organized a book club and I am really excited about it. My sister-in-law, Stacey began one years ago - five maybe. It was great having a new book to read each month without always having to pick it out myself. Plus, it was great getting together with a bunch of gals to discuss the book and have some good eats.

We usually had about six members, but those members changed quite a bit over the years. Finally, last May, I canceled the club. It seemed like people needed a break. Attendance had become very sporadic.

Now it is a new year and a new beginning. I am going to post the books we are reading and after our meetings I'll give a review. If you are ever in need of a book to read, you can read along with us. This month we are reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Happy Reading!

7 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

That sounds like fun (well, the reading and eating part) I have never participated in a book club and I don't know what I would think of it. But, I will definitely have to check out the book-it is always great to get recommendations! Good luck with the club!

Princess said...

Woo-hoo! I am very excited to start back up and I am glad you are blogging about it so that others can join in if they want.

Gretch said...

Cool. I'm going to "try" and keep up, we'll see. I think it is a great idea.

Zachary said...

In my last few trips through the airports, it seemed that every girl I passed was either carrying or reading that book. It was more common than any of the "Twilight" books!

Let me know how it is!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I'm excited to read this one!

Nathan and Esther said...

That does sound like fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.