Monday, December 3, 2007

Back To Life. Back To Reality.

The vacation is over. After 2 1/2 weeks, Brian headed back to work today :( I am sure that none of you are feeling badly for either of us, but I think it is sad! I have lost my second set of hands! It has been so much fun having Brian at home and he has been such a big help. He has changed diapers, given baths, fixed meals, cleaned, vacuumed, put up Christmas lights, read books and played, and changed more diapers! And he has done it all without complaint (well mostly - he wasn't thrilled about cleaning the toilet!). I love you Brian!

Last night, Brian told Ashlyn that he had to go back to work in the morning and she said (with a bit of enthusiasm), "See ya!" But, I don't think she really understood what he was saying. I know she has loved having her dad home and will miss having him around all the time.

On the other hand, I do not think Trent knew this morning that his dad had gone back to work.

We ended Brian's vacation with a bang on Saturday. We went to the Festival of Trees and then Thanksgiving Point. Brian had never been to the Festival of Trees and I had not been for a few years. I was not sure if Brian would enjoy it, but he did! He even said he wanted to go again next year. Of course his favorite tree was the Darth Vader/Star Wars tree, decorated with over 250 Star Wars figurines.

Thanksgiving point was Ashlyn's favorite part of the day. We rode a horse drawn wagon around the light display. It was priceless to see Ashlyn's reaction! She kept saying, "I so excited! I so excited!"

Ashlyn also loved the horses and kept saying, "I see horses!" She had so much fun, she cried when we left.

It has been such a great 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks for everything Brian - you are the BEST!!

9 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

I feel sad for you guys. If you get lonely with Brian being back at work, you can always come and hang out with me.

Monica Lifferth said...

You are definately a lucky girl to have had him home for so long. He is such a great guy.

Princess said...

It is so good to hear that Brian is making nice and being a good boy! I heard it was such a fun night and I loved hearing the story! I miss you guys!

P.S. I am glad Belle's hat fits!

The Carter Family: said...

How sad for you to have Brian go back to work! I think that it is awesome he was able to take time off to stay at home-my husband has never been able to, but I remember my mom coming and helping out after having my babies-and when it was time for her to leave it was so sad! It felt empty and lonely in the house w/o another adult and hands to help! Thank goodness my husband works close by so he could help if needed and thank goodness for family! Good luck adjusting! Take Mindy up on her offer!

Zachary said...

Oh that poor horse! He has no idea where Ashlyn's lips have been! Brian is a good man. I have always been very impressed by him.

Crazy Lifferths said...

I am jealous...but I feel sad for. I am really sad that I missed you guys at the party tonight. Hope to see you soon.

Gretch said...

That is awesome that he got to stay at home for so long. How Fun! How are you feeling? Trent is such a handsome little guy! Glad you guys had fun at Thanksgiving Point. I'm impressed that you were out and about-you must be feeling almost back to normal... :-) Ashlyn is too cute!

Nathan and Esther said...

I think that was great Brian got to stay home, and it's sad he had to go back. It's too bad we need money to survive, I tell Nathan that we don't need money or an education so he doesn't need to go to school or work!

rsheedy said...

Oh, I think it would be so hard to let him go back to work! Work just gets in the way of everything, doesn't it?!