Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patty's Celebration!

I really don't feel like I have been a good mom lately. Life has been hectic for a number of reasons (namely school) and I just haven't given my kids the attention they deserve. I used to be so much better about playing with them, reading to them, crafting with them, cooking with them, etc, etc. So, with Saint Patrick's Day coming up I knew I needed to make it fun and give them a day with my old self again. So, this is what we did:

The day started out with a visit from a sneaky little leprechaun who sent the kids on treasure hunt ending with a pot of gold and new green shirts so that they would all be safe from pinchy fingers.

We then ate some yummy green crepes for breakfast.

And after getting ready for the day, we had a little photo shoot because they all looked so darn cute!

Then we made some delicious green cookies and delivered them to Daddy's work.

The Eyre's came over for a playdate (they were supposed to be with us all day, but Mindy ended up not working) and we colored, tossed gold coins into the leprechaun hat, played 'drop the coin', made rainbows, and painted our nails green - well I guess just Madi & Ashlyn got their nails painted.

For dinner we had green beans, spinach tortellini, and pots of gold.

We ended our day cuddled up together on the couch (I love it when that happens), eating bowls of yummy pistachio pudding with cream. Fun was had, memories were made, and for at least one day I felt like a good mom again. Definitely a day worth repeating next year.

But, the celebrations didn't end there. The next night we enjoyed some DeLiCiOuS corned beef and cabbage and rainbow jello at my parents house with the whole family. Well, the whole family minus the Aaron Lifferth family. Like always, they were missed, but I'm sure they had their own St. Patrick's Day celebration in Missouri.

5 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Ha ha! Thanks for missing us. We did have a delicious dinner of corned beef and cabbage. And just so you know, I think you are a wonderful mom. I wish I was even half as fun and crafty as you.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Thanks for having us over for the fun activities. The girls had lot o' fun!!

The Wright's said...

You are really amazing. I wish I could be a bad mom too. :)

Marilyn said...

Now we never did so many fun green things when you were growing up! What kind of mom am I? :) Oh well, I'm glad you do so many fun things now!! Love, Mom

Princess said...

My mom made all the food green one year for St. Patricks Day and my dad yelled at her and refused to eat it. Needless to say, what a fun time for the kids!! ;) I seriously want to know if you will sell Luke to me? Oh I just want to eat him!