Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 Years & Nine Months

A routine trip to the pediatrician on Monday confirmed two facts - #1, my eldest child is indeed five years old, and #2, my baby is now nine months old. No shots were given, just a little poking, prodding, and peering into eyes, mouths, and ears. It was a great visit for both Ashyn and Luke. No tears were shed, and a clean bill of health was given to both. In fact, the only one injured by the visit was me. I was hit with the realization that my kids are getting too big and growing up too fast. It makes me sad. It makes my heart ache. And it makes me want to shed a few tears.

Anyway, life goes on. Accept it. Embrace it. Cherish it. Savor it. Because I swear all I did was blink and my baby girl went from this:

To this:

And this little guy?! Who does he think he is, eating big boy foods with his eight teeth? Eight teeth!!

Actually, Luke isn't growing too fast. He's only in the 15% for height and 25% for weight. Ashlyn on the other hand is in the 60% for height. One day she will outgrow her momma, but only by a few inches. Dr. Lash estimated her adult height to be 5'5". It will be interesting to see how accurate that is.

Ashlyn turned five almost two weeks ago and we had a fun-filled couple of days. It has taken me awhile to recover and find the time to blog about it. She was lucky enough to get two parties this year - one for friends, and one for family. She also got to eat dinner at her favorite restaurant, The Old Spaghetti Factory. Plus, Grandma & Grandpa Lifferth took her to Build-A-Bear where she got to build her very own bear...no wait, I mean a horse, of course!

But not just any ol' horse, a ballerina horse! Who knew?

It really was such a fun couple of days and I hope she remembers it for a long, long time. I, on the other hand, am grateful that birthdays only come once a year! They wear me out!

3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Wowzers! 4 blogs at once! It's crazy to think Ashlyn is 5! It seems like just yesterday when we each had just one. I remember hanging out at Mom and Dad's house a lot after Ashlyn was born and taking naps on the couches with our girls. Good times and a little sad to think about how much they have grown since then.

Ashley Rae said...

Man. I hate that kids grow so fast. It makes me sad to look at Kennedy's baby pictures :( But then again, you look at where they are now and you wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the whining. lol).

Luke is SO darling!!

Marilyn said...

Love the pictures! Seems like we blink and they grow up. Each stage is so fun though. You have three adorable little ones and they bring us great joy!
Love, Mom