Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hold The Phone!

I have several other posts I should be doing, one of which I started a couple days ago, but they must wait. Why? Because we had our first snow day!! We woke up to two inches covering our lawn and Ashlyn couldn't have been more thrilled when she looked out the window this morning. This wasn't like the thin layer of "ice" (as Ashlyn called it after unsuccessfully trying to play in it) we had Monday morning. Nope, this was the soft, white fluffy stuff. After a bowl of cereal, the kids got all bundled up and out they went.

One of the things that sold me on our home was having the backyard right outside our back door and not off a deck and down a big flight of stairs like our last house. I can stand in the kitchen or family room and watch them play. After lots of frolicking, an attempted snow angel, trying to bury Cooper, and a few snowball fights, it was back inside for some good 'ol hot cocoa.

I look forward to many more mornings just like this one in months to come!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun! Weston was so thrilled this morning too! And now I'm looking outside and it's all melted! Crazy Utah weather.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Where's Luke? Cute pictures. I love how excited kids get over snow. It makes me like it for a minute.

Princess said...

That brings back such memories of playing in the snow as a kid! Too bad that is where the happiness over snow stayed :) I also want to know where Luke was?

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so fun, I loved playing in snow, and then warming up with hot chocolate! you're the best mom....
I also love how cooper is included. too funny,.
P.S.
pretty sure Luke was inside, where it is warm. Why on earth bundle up a baby and slug him outside to play. He has to be at least 10 months for the effort, right????

Amy said...

P.P.s.
I also loved seeing Stacey's cutest/warmest hats ever! lucky kiddos...

Zachary said...

Yep...snowed the day I flew out. And it will probably be shorts weather when I fly back in 5 days later.

Ashley Rae said...

Love the snow pictures!! Looks like they're having a blast :)

And I can't believe how much your kids are growing up. They grow WAY too fast.

Monica Lifferth said...

Soooo fun! Makes me miss home. You are such a good mom. You have lucky kiddos!