Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hola!

I woke up this morning to Ashlyn peeling the dead sun-burnt skin off my arm. A small price to pay for our week in paradise. It was such an amazing week! Lots of food, fun, sun, shopping, laughter, sites, R&R, and great company. I took well over 300 pictures, but I am just going to share a few.

Mmmm, pina coladas. Not only beautiful, but delicioso!:
Our casa - the Villa Miranda. My only complaint was that the beds and pillows were too hard! (Another very small price to pay):
The Bloods ;o)
The Non-Bloods ;o)
Mayan ruins - San Gervasio, circa 600-1200 A.D.:
Iguanas & lemurs & peacocks, Oh My!:Ahhhh, the beach. I have never been much of a beach goer. That is going to change.
If only we lived closer...
I think my very favorite part was getting out of the ocean after snorkeling and seeing the most beautiful fish, and then eating fresh guacamole and fish tacos right on the beach! I could do that every day. But then again, maybe spending a week with my husband without any "kid" interruptions was the best part. Or maybe it was the empanadas. Or maybe it was the sand between my toes:
It really was a perfect vacation and I can't wait to go back!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jamie! How fun! Looks like such a blast. Every picture was gorgeous! Wow, I'm so jealous! And you look absolutely amazing! What a fun vacation!

Heather said...

Looks amazing! Im so glad you got in a swimsuit, and had a great time with your husband! Im a bit jealous :)

Princess said...

I am so jealous. Maybe if we pooled our money we could all go in on a timeshare! I want to live in Mexico!

Monica Lifferth said...

Great pictures. I'm glad you guys got the much needed break. Next time we'll be right there with ya!

rsheedy said...

It was the perfect vacation. I wish we could do it every day! Guess you guys will just have to come visit so we can take you to the beach!

Zachary said...

It really was such a great trip! And that picture you got of the Casa Miranda is the best I have seen for showing people what it is like to have an open first floor and pool RIGHT THERE! Can't wait for the next trip!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh I LOVE the beach... especially the tropical ones... that looks like paradise. Did you take pictures of the fish while snorkeling? There are some COOL fish down there. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Mmmm... pina coladas...while laying out in the hot sun... great. Now I want a tropical vacation. HAha

Mike and Meg said...

How fun! I am glad that you had a great time. I am jealous!

The Simmons Family said...

That looks AMAZING!! I am a little jealous, ok... REALLY jealous. I'm glad you had a fun time. Where did you go?? Mexico.. I'm assuming :)

Amy said...

OOOhh I love Mexico! The fish tacos!!! Looks like heaven! I miss Mexico...

Gretch said...

You got the best pictures! I need copies. What a totally AWESOME vacation!! LOVED being there with you guys! Can't wait for the next one!!

Johansen Family said...

I am so glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves. I love Mexico!!!!! You look adorable with that little belly :)

Erica said...

I'm so jealous! That looks amazing! I wish I could talk Jason into going somewhere like that. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Renee said...

That beach looks like heaven! :) Looks like you had a blast!