Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well...

we are officially under contract for the purchase of our 2nd home. You'd think I would be ecstatic, but Brian and I both have mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong, I am happy knowing that we will be in our own place in a few months, but I guess it's just not quite what we were expecting to buy. And, you know how people say that as soon as they walked into a home they "just knew"? Well, I didn't get that and Brian didn't either.

Man, this is starting to sound terrible.

But then we walked through a second time, after we had given it some thought and we both felt better about it. Part of the problem is that when we sold our first home, our dreams for our next home were slightly unrealistic. This isn't our dream home, but it is the next leg of our journey. It is what we can afford - we won't be house-poor. It is big enough for our small but growing family. In fact, it is almost twice as big as our first home. And it will be our home once the granny decor is gone and I can put in my own personal touches. Just give me some paint, carpet and a few other upgrades (as much as our savings will allow) and it will be ours. And I will love it.

Once I told Ashlyn the news, she was a little hesitant until I told her we would still be close to Grandmom's house and we would paint her new room blue - her favorite color. She even gave Brian and I a Chuck E. Cheese coin to help pay for the new house :o)


17 comments:

Renee said...

Congratulations!!!

Paint is a good way to instantly change a room that you don't like! :) Look forward to your pictures, you are so creative!

Jamie said...

What? You didn't tell me this when I talked to you yesterday. I need details!!!! :)

Lindsay said...

Congrats! That's great! I'm sure you'll make it a beautiful/perfect home! Good luck with the whole process, I'm sure it will be worth it!

Zachary said...

Congratulations! I think that is fantastic that Ashlyn gave you some of her "money". So cute.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Princess said...

I think I have some pesos from my trip to Mexico you can trade in if you need some more coins, lol. I think that is great and I can't wait to see it! Congrats!

rsheedy said...

Oh yay! I'm excited for you guys. Can't wait to see it. :)

Crazy Lifferths said...

I am sure that you will do a fabulous job putting all of your touches on it! You always do such an amazing job. How fun to get back into a home of your own. Is grandmom your mom or Brian's?

Mike and Meg said...

That is terrific. You will have to post pictures.

whitney said...

So exciting! I'm sure you will make it so beautiful! Just add a little paint, shaken not stirred, and voila!...it'll be yours. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh wow! Congrats!! Pictures!! Haha

The Simmons Family said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll have the entire house remodeled and looking perfect in no time! I'm glad you got more space and it's affordable.. that's the best part. Nothing is worth being house poor.

The Carter Family: said...

YEah! How exciting!! Now you need to take a lot of pics...before and after ones of course!!

Esther said...

yay for you! at least it's not cinderblock!

p.s. I have a few chuck e. cheese coins to donate also.

Hello! said...

any home you move in to is gonna be beautiful with your touches lady! congrats girl :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am guessing its not on my mountain :( You will make it great, just like everything you do! Cant wait to see it! I WILL help you with whatever you need, please let me know!

The Wright's said...

YEAH! I am sure it will be just lovely. You always, ALWAYS upgrade dull to become exquisite. I can't wait to see it. Maybe we could be neighbors!

The Wright's said...

Someday... (I didn't mean now, although I would LOVE that now!)