Thursday, November 19, 2009

People CAN Change

I am currently working on a Christmas project that has required me to search through my files upon files of photos. Through this tedious search, I came across these old pics:

When I showed Brian the photos, he couldn't believe it. The first picture was taken on Brian's birthday in January '08, just before he decided to start loosing weight. I have to admit that when he first told me he was going to change his eating habits and start working out, I didn't take him very seriously. Why? Because up to that point he never cared about what he looked like or much about his health. It took a very high blood pressure reading to make him realize that he needed to change something. And he did. And he has kept off 65 pounds for over a year now. He shows serious self-control when it comes to food and he exercises at least 5 times a week. Of course I will love him no matter what he looks like, but I am very proud of him and what he has accomplished.

Stay tuned for a post about my baby boy's 2nd birthday...

13 comments:

Zachary said...

Way to go Brian! That seriously deserves some major props!

You know a good workout? Dodgeball!

Mark Nott said...

I don't know. A man with a shovel is very appealing. Maybe if I see some shovel using skinny brian pictures I'll be convinced that this was all a good idea.

Ashley Rae said...

Holy crap! He looks great! Congrats to Brian. And lol to Mark's comment.

Princess said...

I am so proud of him, I know how hard it is! He looks great! Can't wait to see you guys!

Lindsay said...

That's awesome, congrats to Brian - that's amazing!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I wish I had half of his self-control. He has done amazing and he looks great!

Monica Lifferth said...

Brian is my weight loss hero. I'm with Min...I wish I had half his self control. Maybe someday?

Crazy Lifferths said...

Way to go Brian! I can't even believe those first pictures! What a difference some hard work and dedication can make. He looks fab!

Gretch said...

That is awesome! Way to go Brian!

Erica said...

I wish I had that much ambition. Great job, Brian! That makes me want to try harder.

whitney said...

Way to go, Brian! I hadn't realized how much weight he'd lost. That's super-impressive!

The Wright's said...

You know, I see him all the time - I never even noticed he was loosing weight until you showed the before and after photo! (I'm a non-observant person, sorry!) He looks amazing - and he is amazing! Woot Woot Brian!

Esther said...

wow way to go! that is amazing and great motivation for me to lose some weight!