Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Naked Man

Brian went on a "company retreat" last weekend to this lovely bit of heaven:

"Situated 23 miles southwest of the San Francisco International Airport, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay provides a magnificent backdrop for the perfect Northern California coast vacation. Whether you are roasting marshmallows and making s’mores in your own terrace fire pit or relaxing on the bluff after a rejuvenating spa treatment, our Resort offers a stunning destination for your next getaway. Enjoy innovative cuisine in our ocean-view restaurants, two championship golf courses and miles of walking trails at the most romantic setting in Northern California."

But this post really isn't about his weekend of luxury, or the fact that I didn't get to go, but rather spent the weekend tending to a very sick little girl while not feeling so hot myself. Yes, I am harboring some resentment. Anyway, this post is about what happened while Brian was retelling to me some of the events of his getaway. Here's how it went:

I was laying in bed Sunday morning while Brian was ironing church clothes and he began telling me about his trip. At one point Ashlyn had made her way into our bed to cuddle up next to me, as she often does in the mornings. Brian continued his story-telling, not really thinking that Ashlyn was paying any attention. And then he stated, "Oh, and I saw a naked man this weekend."

This immediately sparked some interest in Ashlyn. She was all ears. Brian then started telling me about the layout of the hotel, leading up to how he saw said naked man. Ashlyn didn't like this shift in the conversation and pretty soon she piped in with, "Daddy. Wait. Pause the story. Where was the naked man?"

After a good laugh, Brian continued on with the story. Most of the rooms face the ocean and as Brian and a fellow co-worker were walking along the path leading down to the beach, Brian noticed that several doors were open. As he passed the first door, he looked and saw a cleaning crew. The second door, nothing. But lo and behold, standing in the doorway of the third open door, a naked man. Completely nude. Facing the ocean with his hands on his hips.

Ashlyn: So, where was the naked man?

Followed by: I wish I could see a naked man.

And then: What room was he in?

So, if you see Ashlyn and she tells you that her daddy saw a naked man, or that she wishes she could see a naked man, you'll know why.

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious! Ashlyn is hilarious. What a cutie, she is one smart cookie!

rsheedy said...

Hysterical! Kids are soo funny...they always pick up on the things we want them to notice the least, don't they?! This story cracks me up. :)

Amy said...

hahaha! too funny!

Princess said...

I wish I could see a naked man too....

Ashley Rae said...

LOLOL... Oh my gosh. She is one funny girl. Sounds like she is just as curious as my little one. You'd better watch out. Haha.

The Wright's said...

She's a riot -that girl. Don't you wish you could post this sign on her whenever she tells someone about the "naked man?" It would help explain a lot.

I still think you should have gone girl! I'da tended your kids - sick or not. That's a beautiful place to go!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Oh, I love that story. It will never get old. It will be told for many years to come.

The Lund Five said...

That story is funny every time I hear it. Dave and I kept talking about it on Sunday. She is one funny girl!!

Erica said...

That's great. Sounds like she's got quite the personality!

Johansen Family said...

Good cover up!

Esther said...

that is sooooo funny! ashlyn cracks me up!