Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Little Pony Party

We celebrated Ashlyn's 3rd birthday with a "My Little Pony" themed party. If you know Ashlyn at all, then you know that she has a thing for horses - particularly "blue horses". All she asked for at Christmas was a "blue horse" (Santa spoiled her and brought two), and all she wanted for her birthday was another "blue horse" (lucky girl got two more!). So of course we had to have a pony party.

Here are the higlights:

We started off the night by making rainbow mobiles.

Ashlyn sampled the rainbow jello before dinner.
*She also sampled the pizza and the frosting on the cupcakes :)

Brian put "beauty marks" on the kids.

I sent out coloring pages with the invitations for our coloring contest.
Madi and Emma were the big winners. Madi expression was absolutely priceless when I told her she won and I really wish I had a captured it, but you can still tell from the following picture that she was pretty excited.

We played 'put the beauty mark' on the pony.

Ashlyn got spoiled with presents, and lots of ponies were included.
Thank you to everyone!

Ashlyn also got her first bike!

We had rainbow cupcakes for dessert, at least that is what they were suppose to be. When I was making them Ashlyn asked what they were, and when I told her they were rainbows she said, "Um, I don't think so." Oh well, at least they tasted good!

All the girls got their own "My Little Pony" to take home.

Oh wait...no they didn't, but they were suppose to. I ordered them online on the 27th of February and they didn't come in time. Very, very frustrating. Lesson learned: either order at least three weeks in advance, or be willing to fork out the extra $10 for priority shipping. I had to throw these together at the last minute. Dang it.Happy Birthday Ashlyn! We love you so much!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Too cute!!!
Hopefully we will get Ash-belle's present in the mail this week (bows and ribbon too!)

Monica Lifferth said...

It was a fabulous party! We had a great time. Sorry again I was such a flake about the coloring contest. Again, good job!

Princess said...

I wish I could have been there, but thanks for the pics, too cute! Oh and by the way, they TOTALLY look like rainbow cupcakes!

The Simmons Family said...

What a perfect pony party!!! I LOVE IT! You have the best parties ever. I love that you even found a BLUE my little pony outfit for her to wear!

rsheedy said...

That looks like so much fun! I LOVE my little pony, and I think it's so great that our (well okay you and Becca and Ruth, etc.)'s kids love them too! Did that even make sense? LOL!

Lindsay said...

Those pictures were SO CUTE! What a fun party! Seriously, you are amazing Jamie! It looks like everyone had the time of their lives. Nice work! And Happy Birthday Ashlyn!

The Carter Family: said...

Super cute-as always. Maybe you and your family should go in the "party-for-hire" business because you are always so creative and they turn out so great!!!

Ashley Rae said...

Ok, so that's like the coolest birthday party ever. It sounds like so much fun. Way to go with the rainbow cupcakes (or not so rainbow cupcakes, according to Ashlyn- lol).

Looks like a complete success! Good job. I'm very impressed.

Amy said...

Oh my...Jamie you are amazing at party throwing.. seriously sister, you could be a pro. Also, I cannot get over how big she is. And Trent? sooo cute..I want to dip him in ketchup and have a bite.

Heather said...

So cute! Will you throw me a birthday party?? Cute pics!

Gretch said...

Cute! Cute! What a party thrower you are! Looks like a lot of fun!

Hello! said...

Oh man! This is my kind of party! You know how I feel about My Little Ponies...