Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gimmy A Break

I made Ashlyn step away from her morning cartoons today so I could get her dressed and ready for the day. Half way through the process, she said (and these are her exact words), "Mommy, could I possibly take a break?" What?! Apparently getting ready is pretty hard work for a toddler. Either that or she really didn't appreciate the cartoon interruption and needed to get back to her show pronto, so she could see what was happening to Aurthur, or Clifford, or George, or whomever was on at the time. Oh to be a kid again!

All the hard work paid off though, because we were getting ready for a playdate at Kangaroo Zoo.

Last winter I made it a point to take the kids somewhere fun once a week. I have felt like such a slacker this year because I have been so wrapped up in my studies that we just haven't done as much. Today was much needed and fun break for not just the kids, but for me too. Thanks Heather, Ava & Tate!!

11 comments:

Heather said...

YaY For Kangaroo Zoo! Thank you so much, it is always so great to see you and your cute, SMART kids! Ava is already asking for the next "Play Group with Ashlyn"!

Princess said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing! Seriously! I cannot wait to see you guys! Looks like it was a fun play date! Oh, and I totally think you and Asian should get matching tattoos, way cool! Amy left her kids with Toby for the week, needless to say he was glad when she got back ;)

Esther said...

that looks like a fun place! Ashlyn's comment was so funny!

Monica Lifferth said...

Looks like it was a ton of fun! It's so nice to get out and play with other kiddos. I want to hear all about this Kangaroo Zoo. I've been looking for somewhere fun to take my kids.

The Simmons Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Owen would fit right in with Trent and Tate -- they'd get a kick out of his tubes.

Oh and didn't you know that you absolutely cannot interrupt cartoon time?!

Johansen Family said...

Ashlyn is so mature and says the funniest things. Good times!

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! I love how articulate Ashlyn is! What a cutie!

Gretch said...

Ashlyn is a hoot! I am glad you took a much needed break! That place sounds fun.

whitney said...

Being a kid IS hard work, I hear. It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun, so it must've been well worth it!

ps-good luck on your test!

The Wright's said...

I'm sorry I haven't checked your blog for awhile. Sorry. I've been sick, busy and more sick.

But Kangaroo Zoo? Did you seriously come to Kangaroo Zoo and not call me? Did you get off the exit and think,"hmm, this looks familiar? I wonder if I've been here before?"
Hmm.... Interesting.

Ashley Rae said...

I have never heard of that place- but it looks like fun!! I love that she said that... kids are hysterical...