Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brain Overload

I'm not sure the exact number of bones and bone markings in the human skull. But I do know it is more than 59, since I don't have to memorize them all for my first anatomy lab test. Phew. Thank goodness they cut back (can you hear the heavy sarcasm?).

But that's not all folks. I haven't even counted the other bones and bone markings in the body. Take for example the scapula - 15 markings. The humerus? 14 markings. Pelvis? 22. Hand? 28. Foot? 27. There are also 82 muscles I have to memorize and the actions they perform. And yet, that is still not all. Anatomic terminology. Histology. The integument. And all their respective components.

I figure there are well over 300 things to know. Do you know what the worst part is? The test is only 60 question! I have to memorize 300 things and I am only tested on 1/5 of them.

So, in case you are wondering where the external acoustic meatus of the temporal bone is, or the intercondylar fossa of the femur, you better ask me soon. Because once I take this test, I'm letting all this information leave my short term memory - hopefully I retain some of it!

I have 10 days to get it all down. 10 DAYS!! Why am I blogging? I needed a little sympathy, that's why. Okay, enough complaining, gotta get back to work.

9 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Welcome to the medical field. I still remember Mike doing all of that memorizing. You can do it!

Princess said...

Wowzers! I definitely do not envy you that! You are so smart though and I am sure you will have no problem memorizing all of that. Good luck!

Monica Lifferth said...

I'm glad you blogged. You will do great! Just remember how great it feels when it is over. Good luck!

Jamie said...

You will be fine! You are amzing like that. Kind of like Mary Poppins . . . perfect in everyway!

The Simmons Family said...

Ok... I am actually registered to start that class in the next two week... you just FREAKED me out!!

I am doing online classes -- one chem, one bio, one anatomy and I can finally apply to nursing school.

GOOD LUCK!!

Lindsay said...

Yeah, good luck with that one! I only graduated college with my short-term memory skills. So I don't remember much now, but oh well! My uncle is an anatomy professor at the U, and we went up to his lab a while ago - have you worked with cadavers yet? Good luck with that one too! I'm sure you'll do amazing!

Esther said...

hey good luck! I loved my anatomy class, but reading some of the things you wrote made me realize how much I have forgotten. You'll do great on your test!

Gretch said...

Good luck! You'll do great! Oh and I'm glad it is you and not me...

Ashley Rae said...

Um... yeah. I liked this post because it reminded me why I'm so glad to be out of school. He he

Good luck on your test!!