Friday, November 14, 2008

Lucky Day

Today is Trent's 1st Birthday! To commemorate this momentous occasion, I decided to let Trent do something extra special:





I love the look of hesitation in his eyes when he turns to look at me. He is definitely wondering why I am not telling him "no" like a do multiple times a day. The only problem with letting him do this today is that he is going to wonder why I am telling him "no" again tomorrow.

We have a fun "zoo party" planned for tonight with all of Trents' grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunts - except for Stacey, and she will be greatly missed. I will write all about the party later.

I love you Trent and can NOT believe how fast one year can pass by!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

From the evidence I've seen here on your blog, I've determined you are one of the world's best parents. Congratulations to Trent.

Princess said...

How can toilet paper bring such joy to someone? Thank you sooo much for the video! I love being able to see him in action! I can't believe he is 1, time goes by way to fast! I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks! Thanks Jamie and happy birthday Trenters!

The Lund Five said...

Boy that toilet paper thing is best compared to how kids always like the wrapping paper or the box more than the actual toy!! That is so great! I love how much he enjoyed unrolling the toilet paper. Happy Birthday Trenters!! We love you!

Jamie said...

Um, he is too stinkin' cute!!!
Happy Birthday Trent, a year has gone by fast.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ha ha. That is cute!

Zachary said...

You are seriously the coolest Mom ever! I remember when you let Ashlyn choose between dog food and ice cream and her look of hesitation there. I hope the birthday party goes/went well!!

The Simmons Family said...

Oh...the joy that toilet paper can bring!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRENT! I am totally awe struck at how he stands and then sits. I know this is normal, but not OUR normal, so when I see Trenters doing it.. I am AMAZED!!

The Wright's said...

There is no possible way you have a one year old. No way at all...

Happy Birthday Trent! You have the coolest mom ever.