Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Star

We took Ashlyn to her first movie yesterday - Wall.e. I was so excited for her to have this experience. I talked it up all morning so by the time we left, she was pretty stinkin' happy about this new adventure. We arrived at the theater about five minutes before show time, hurried and got our tickets and popcorn (I could not let Ashlyn go to her first movie and not get popcorn), found our seats, put Ashlyn in a booster chair, armed her with all the essentials - popcorn, candy and her sippy cup, and then we turned our attention to the previews.


Now, I wish I could go on to tell you what a great experience it was, but I just can't. It was terrible, not Ashlyn, the movie. A major Pixar disappointment. I am usually a big fan of Pixar, they have put out some great shows, but not this time. I guess you can't always win.

The sad part is that I really think Ashlyn would have loved the big screen if the movie had been decent. She was fascinated during the previews and the movie did hold her attention for the first half, but then it went downhill fast. Even I was bored. My dad fell asleep a few times. The only redeeming factor was that Wall.e himself was a pretty cute character. So, for him I give the movie one star.

We should have gone to Kung Fu Panda.

The End.

12 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

Well, now we know not to take our kids to that movie!! We just took the girls to their FIRST movie too-but we ended up going to Kung Fu Panda and they loved it! Kasia was tired towards the end because it was in the evening, but the whole movie was very entertaining and great for their first experience! Too bad yours wasn't so great!! But, that just gives you the excuse to try another movie next time to redeem the movie experience for Ashlyn!!

Mark Nott said...

AH! Don't tell me that!!

Craig liked it... was he wrong... are you wrong?

So much confusion in the world.

I guess I'll have to go see it and tell you you're wrong... or not.

rsheedy said...

Oh no! I've been really looking forward to this movie...how sad!!

Jamie said...

Bummer!

Zachary said...

You should have taken Ashlyn to HULK or Wanted. She would never want to watch another movie for the rest of her life. Think of the money you could save!

Craig Lifferth said...

Zach does have a good point. You could save a lot of money if you had seen Hulk. Its cool if we have our differences with movies. But I do want to see Kung fu Panda before the end of the summer. When I see it I'll let you know.

Princess said...

That is too cute though! What a fun time she will remember, even if the movie wasn't that great! Love and miss you all!

Sandi said...

I/m sorry that it wasn't that good. Next time you let me know I would love to go with you.

Heather said...

Bummer. Shane took the girls to Kung Fu Panda. Loved it.

Better luck next time.

My worst movie with a child experience was Chicken Little. AwFUL!

The Simmons Family said...

Kamryn LOVED IT...then again...she also loves ALL movies because they involve popcorn, candy and icees! AND they went opening night and got Walle toys and a free walle watch.

**Kung Fu Panda is my recommendation

Andrea

Ashley Rae said...

Oh man. Kennedy was bad at that age when we went to movies- she's finally able to sit through them, now.
I'm sorry her first experience wasn't good! That's really weird about that movie- I've heard MANY mixed reviews. People either love it or think it's boring. Maybe I'll just have to wait until it moves to the dollar theatre.

Ashlyn is so cute.

whitney said...

My sister (and other mommies I've talked to) said the same thing when they took their kids. I'll have to save my money and introduce Ezra to the theater w/some other movie.