Thursday, October 11, 2012

Trenters

Trent is doing double duty this year for preschool.  He started his second year at Imagine preschool down the street (two days a week) and he also began the online Rusty & Rosy preschool program. His cousin Maya has the same schedule, so Mindy and I took our kids out for an afternoon of shopping, lunch and the Rusty & Rosy orientation.  We ended with a double scoop treat at  Baskin Robbins.  


Maya turned five in September and Trent turns five next month.  I think they were both ready to start kindergarten this year, but one more year at home is good too.  I actually hate thinking about the fact that this is my last year to have Trent at home with me. I love my boy so much.

Trent was so excited to start preschool again.  He learned so much last year and I know will grow leaps and bounds this year.  He is a smart boy and will be more than prepared to start kindergarten next year.


Trent is so cute.  95% of the time when I comb his hair in the morning, he requests "handsome boy hair".  And I love doing his hair this way.  It just adds to his sweetness and innocence.


I love hearing all about his day (2 1/2 hours really) when he walks in the door.  He loves showing off his projects and is so proud of the work he does.




Thursdays are show-and-tell days and there is usually an assigned theme - something yellow, or something round, or something that starts with the letter 'A'.  Last Thursday was children's choice and I told Trent he could take whatever he wanted, a favorite toy or book, etc.  He thought for a second and then said, "I know what's my favorite!" and he ran and grabbed a picture of me that sits on Brian's nightstand. 

Yep, he is one sweet kid and has a big piece of my heart.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That Trent is one handsome boy!

Princess said...

I love all of his poses! He is such a handsome and sweet boy. Can't wait for a hug!

The Simmons Family said...

He is getting so big..what a sweetheart!

Marilyn said...

Trent is a sweetheart! Love his kind heart and fun loving nature! Love his handsome hairdo and his show and tell was the best I'm sure. Love him bunches!!

Sandi said...

I love Trent so much and I fell in love with him again when I saw that picture. The look on his face is priceless!!